New track - Will I Still Be Here In September

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, new track created with a lot of free synths and soundfonts, called Will I Still Be Here In September . It sounds a bit like those french guys, M83 if you've heard of them - a little ambient, some warm synths in there. I hope you'll like it! I'm also thinking of extending that distorted synth section a bit for more emotional impact(you'll know when you listen to the track), what do you think?

Get it here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/electricsoundcontinuum

Sorry for the kinda telegraphic writing in the post but my brother's standing over my head, talking all the freaking time and I can't really concentrate! :hihi: He's like that, the small bastard!

Comments welcome!

*SHRUMP* :D

Ok first off, the song is really good. It's got this really cool Space age melody to it.

My only gripe is with the mix. That distorted kick and the delayed guitar could be brought back a bit IMO.
Then at 00:58 you have that other distorted guitar sound that kind of overpowers the nice melody you have going. I would have brought it back some and pan it to give it some room to breathe.

Other then that, i still enjoy listening to it.

Geez....i just listened to Springtime Serenade. That's a good one man! Good job. (sorry for the somewhat hi-jack).

:-o Oh man....I remember you!! This whole time i had no idea you were the one that did Song of Summer! I tried to get some female vox for this but with no luck. But i see it has been taken care of :wink:

Edit: also, i am trying to download "promenade" but the file says "electric" and is not an MP3 ( i don't even know what kind of a file it is actually).

Hey!! You used to be S.HUSH then! :D I was wondering if another 'hush' person on KvR was just a coincidence.

Thanks for the comments! Don't worry, it's not called hi-jacking if what you're typing is actually a compliment :hihi: (well, at least it shouldn't be).

The mix is a bit rough and I'm thinking of adding an extra section - I'll see what I can do about that distorted sound, I actually intended it to be somewhat overpowering to provide some emotional impact. Perhaps some EQing is in order? You're so right about that kick drum and guitar, I'll bring them back.

Again, glad you like the songs and for commenting! :) I'll go see what is wrong with Promenade!

Promenade works fine here!

TristezaOrange wrote:Hey!! You used to be S.HUSH then! :D I was wondering if another 'hush' person on KvR was just a coincidence.
Yes, i used to be me. :D
The mix is a bit rough and I'm thinking of adding an extra section - I'll see what I can do about that distorted sound, I actually intended it to be somewhat overpowering to provide some emotional impact. Perhaps some EQing is in order?
Either that or some light compression. I find the freebie Fish Fillet "Blockfish" compressor is best at this.

Oh and i got Promenade. Seems to work fine today :shrug:

Wow ... :eek: truly original electronic music with more than a nod to Brian Wilson ca 1966! I could listen to this on repeat for hours.. beautiful and quirky,
Have to agree on the distorted drums, send them to the back or better still - do away with them.

Marco 8)

There is a lot of Brian Wilson in it first(and i love his music), then comes some (a bit too much, imo) distortion, then it gets back it's ambience and stops.
This is beautiful and disturbing...i suppose it should be like this. Great!
...i was listening to the other songs too: Wonderful stuff...reminds me of the Brian, Robert Wyatt (except for the voice) and High Llamas...
:tu:

mellissia
"It dreamed itself along"

Bonteburg wrote:Wow ... :eek: truly original electronic music with more than a nod to Brian Wilson ca 1966! I could listen to this on repeat for hours.. beautiful and quirky,
Have to agree on the distorted drums, send them to the back or better still - do away with them.

Marco 8)
Ooooh! Another Brian Wilson fan thinking it sounds like Brian's music somehow! Thanks for the kind words Bonte. I'll be leaving the drums but they are going to be much quieter in the final version! :)

mellotronaut wrote:There is a lot of Brian Wilson in it first(and i love his music), then comes some (a bit too much, imo) distortion, then it gets back it's ambience and stops.
This is beautiful and disturbing...i suppose it should be like this. Great!
...i was listening to the other songs too: Wonderful stuff...reminds me of the Brian, Robert Wyatt (except for the voice) and High Llamas...
:tu:

mellissia
And again! Thanks for the Brian comparisons, they really made my day :) :)

Also, i totally love The High Llamas and Robert Wyatt's Rock Bottom! :oops: :oops: I'm really glad that my influences are showing!

Return to “Music Cafe”