Hip hop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What sounds do you use.. to make hip hop. vst, rtas, loops, smples.. whatever..

Offhand I'd say anything you use a loop slicer on can't be bad, especially beats...

#2: rip lots of records/youtube etc for stuff you hear a potential funky loop in ..

To be honest I don't think there's any one VSTi that's "for" Hip Hop (short of a Hip Hop loop rompler and you don't want that).
:D

wrong forum btw ;)

MArco :)

what's the right forum then ? :D I'm also afraid I didn't understand all of what u said.. I'm not so good in english.

well in your case "Production Techniques" would have been the place to go I think...

What i basically meant was I think much of that Hip Hop "vibe" comes from sliced loops and creative sampling, not from any particular synth (at least when we're talking instrumental Hip Hop, downbeat and the like).

I'd also not recommend any product that's marketed as "hip Hop" because it's likely going to be based on a very broad, commercial interpretation of it (to be fair, that's only my speculation).

Marco :)

Okey.. I understand.. So then my goal should be to find the best samples and loops out there.

Make your own beats using Battery 3 or some other drum sample player. Its much more original than buying "hip hop in a box" kits.
Loops are good and useful if you want to use them (Stylus RMX VSTI seems to be the overused standard currently), but making your own creations out of them has more 'street cred' (earned creative respect)..
Hope this helps.
I might just get the vote for being the least helpful individual in this entire forum. I am terrible at explaining things.

Thank you very mush jazzy! It shure was helpfull information. And I'll check out the stylus RMX VSTi. God bless!

fruityloops, vinyl, reason 3.04 and some addictive drums

sloworm.. yes but I payed a bunge for the protool shit if u know what I mean.. and fruityloops is a whole nother world.. But thanks though.. perhaps I'll check out reason at least! ;)

PeterDJ wrote:sloworm.. yes but I payed a bunge for the protool shit if u know what I mean.. and fruityloops is a whole nother world.. But thanks though.. perhaps I'll check out reason at least! ;)

i don't know the context of your response to me, i was just responding to your original post:

"What sounds do you use.. to make hip hop. vst, rtas, loops, smples.. whatever.."

I'm working on a hip hop album now and i have gone through a bunch of freebie VSTs:

-Polyibilit has good bass sounds.
-Dr Fusion has good drum samples
-Blockfish compressor sounds really good on the vox. (crank up the saturation).
I'm realizing the trick is HOW you rap. If the beats aren't fat enough, you better know how to flow or it sounds like the Beastie Boys or Public Enemy rehearsing some throw away tunes.

Another synth i used for bass was MonaLisa.

Return to “Music Cafe”