Antigravity Blues - His Left Hand

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all, here's a new piece up at www.myspace.com/hislefthand -

It's called Antigravity Blues and represents another hard turn in the road for me. A very stately pace (60bpm) and recorded using primarily two Zebra2 presets which I "played" using the performance XY thangs.

I look upon it as being in three distinct parts. The first two parts are very minimal melodies...said melodies being comprised of globs, gushes and fountains of tonalities. The last part is pure noisegasm (for the most part, the first two parts filtered and refiltered through an ungainly number of effects).

Hope you enjoy and that it takes you through some places. Your comments and feedback are always greatly appreciated. I hope to get this up at my "mothership" web page soon but feel free to drop by there and listen to the player and/or download some higher quality (and/or) longer versions.

Omg, I love this! So free-form, yet somehow organized, the sounds are absolutely beautiful, delicate and restrained, and that gorgeous meltdown! There are melodic things going on in the first part that really hit me very deeply, I don't know why but it actually brought tears to my eyes... sucky eh? :)

Strangely, I picked up work on a track today that is similarly free... something I started last month and left for a while.
Image Image

Hey my friend, that is so cool and moving to hear. This piece effected me deeply as well...strange, no? Thanks so much for such beautiful words. I look forward to hearing yr piece!

Hi mayan -- listened to ineluctable which i was quite enamoured with.

now listening to antigravity blues.
Parts of it at the beginning definitely put me in mind of floating in space looking at the big blue marble of earth.Definitely a nice journey. wonderfully detached and effortless !! respect !! :wink: 8)

great trax! deep, beautifull... and perfect sound ! congrats!

Very beautiful piece. Loved it. Esp. liked the hesitation.

2ND mouse, Jack_soliuM and respirator...thanks. Your words and feedback mean a great deal to me and are greatly appreciated.

Nice sound and textures. Abrupt, but equally dramatic moments of quiet. The lead keys are outstanding. Beautiful and appropriate distortions tickle my fillings. Good musing ambient werk, my friend.
peace

Cool stuff as always, I really need a copy of Zebra 2. That'll be my next purchase after I pay off the wedding debt.

Thanks,
3am

ahhh...thanks to the "J's"...jazzyspoon and justin3am. Yep...Zebra is amazing to begin with but the four XY grids kick it to a whole 'nuther level of performance/responsiveness Valhalla. It's truly like "playing" a very, VERY fine instrument.

here is your bumportunity to leave your feedback, comments, well-wishes, favorite recipes, laundered shirts, potted cactii, ethenogenic tools, racing tips, insider-trading tips, pocket-change, phone numbers of fast women, blurry memories of childhood, thoughts on the after-life, and/or New Year's resolutions for 2012, before this song is retired until its glorious and promised resurrection in a better world than this.

Gorgeous, mayan, simply gorgeous. I didn't know you had this page and I just attempted to befriend you. I need more time to digest it but I thought I'd leave my favorable impressions with my initial bump-tious.

hey runagate...i see that you are in St. Paul. I went to Macalester LONG ago...my heart still beats faster when I think of the Twin Cities.

Thanks so much for your comments!! I'm glad you checked it out and I would be honored to befriend you on MySpace.

8)
Very... I don't know.
Great stuff.

Daniel
http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com

mayan wrote:hey runagate...i see that you are in St. Paul. I went to Macalester LONG ago...my heart still beats faster when I think of the Twin Cities.

Thanks so much for your comments!! I'm glad you checked it out and I would be honored to befriend you on MySpace.
I never knew til now that you were a hippie. :)

My kb player goes to Mac. She's an exceptionally cool person, which is odd for a potential bandmate.

Bumpty bump

Return to “Music Cafe”