dira

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rachmiel wrote:polyslax (and whoever else wants it), full audio:

www.rachmiel.org/_dira.rar

if you would like just the guitar track:

www.rachmiel.org/dira_simple.rar

enjoy. :-)
Thanks Rick!

I'd already started messing with the .mp3 tho, came up with this rather jumbled affair:

dira(iled)

128 bit .mp3
6.6 mb
7:12 mins
Image Image

interesting re/de-interpretation.

there's so much going on in there ... it reminds me of a complex simmering stew. the sounds go well together like tastes in a good stew. for me, the left/right sax/clar melodies detracted from the mood. this could be a knee jerk reaction on my part, since i am not a fan of jazz, and often have trouble with recognizable instrumental sounds against an abstract background. my favorite part was after the melodies dropped out, the last couple of minutes or so. gorgeous.

challenge/request: do another version, using the uncompressed files i uploaded for you. in this version, increase your layering technique to hyperlayering, gobs and gobs of subtly interacting layers. derive all material from the original audio.
Last edited by rachmiel on Sat May 12, 2007 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rachmiel wrote:pensive:

www.rachmiel.org/kvr/dira.mp3

enjoy. :-)
This is very ambient - would suit a film soundtrack. The only thing is I kept expecting something really heavy to come crashing through :?

> only thing is I kept expecting something really heavy to come crashing through

thanks for the tip. i'm considering this a first draft. i need to live with pieces for quite a long time before i figure out what they are trying to be.

Dramatic and mysterious.

I like such atmo.

es

thanks emptysound.

rachmiel wrote:> only thing is I kept expecting something really heavy to come crashing through

thanks for the tip. i'm considering this a first draft. i need to live with pieces for quite a long time before i figure out what they are trying to be.
Never a bad way of doing things, and part of what makes feedback here helpful, especially for those of us who make audio that the ear is not preconditioned to accept at face value.

Return to “Music Cafe”