C a r a v a n [updated]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=170939

Your comments will be highly appreciated. :)

Updated 17 May, 2007.
Last edited by kishoresen on Thu May 17, 2007 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

I saw Caravan and was immediately thinking of the old Duke Ellington tune, which obviously this is not. :)

I like the overall feel. My two main comments are that I'd like to seem some more harmonic variation: to just keep shifting between the same two harmonic centers throughout the entire 4+ minutes seems like too much without something to break it up. And I like the "ethnic" (for lack of a better term) percussion and would prefer to see it not get buried in the synth parts as it does sometimes.

Nice feel, very good sound quality. Overall, a winner, methinks.

DaveL
You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge.
-- Rush Show Don't Tell

DaveL60 wrote:I saw Caravan and was immediately thinking of the old Duke Ellington tune, which obviously this is not. :)

I like the overall feel. My two main comments are that I'd like to seem some more harmonic variation: to just keep shifting between the same two harmonic centers throughout the entire 4+ minutes seems like too much without something to break it up. And I like the "ethnic" (for lack of a better term) percussion and would prefer to see it not get buried in the synth parts as it does sometimes.

Nice feel, very good sound quality. Overall, a winner, methinks.

DaveL
Hi DaveL, thank you very much for the listen and the comments. This particular composition does not have much harmonic variation to keep it simple. I love use of harmonies though, which are available in some of my other compositios. You might kindly give those a listen at http://www.soundclick.com/kishoresen . I shall definitely keep your tips in mind while refining it.

Thanks and Regards :) .

my heavy metal 16yr old likes this too

combination of music styles seems to work well here

fateamenabletochange wrote:my heavy metal 16yr old likes this too

combination of music styles seems to work well here
Thanks to both of you fateamenabletochange. :)

The track is remixed and updated. Please check out the changes.

yes this sounds good....some good stereo separation of various elements to my ears

fateamenabletochange wrote:yes this sounds good....some good stereo separation of various elements to my ears
Thanx fate :)

Return to “Music Cafe”