[ runagate ] Shuddering Dewdroplet in face of death serene

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Freezing, alone but undaunted.

2:35 in length
5.93 Mb download
320 kbps mp3

runagate - Shuddering Dewdroplet

VST plug-ins used in this song:

Code: Select all

Shiver VSTi

Enigmatron VSTi > gleck > Dovers Free Trance Gate Stereo > channelswap

Drumatic 3 and Daedalus VSTis > DtBlkFx Stereo (set to spectral vocoding) > PC2 psychoaccoustic limiter

NEON BLACK (w/ pixel damage) & KARNAGE VSTis > Nightmare Machine >  Sizzle Spine

Pandemonium VSTi

Illogic VSTi > Tape Delay > reanimator > Drum Mic Positioner > Reverbering

:x potentially enjoyable; please leave comments on the cadence and contour or angry denunciations

I gotta start somewhere, might as well be with the digestive system,

nice heartburn finish 8)

Holy crap I'm tired I actually forgot I made this yestreen aubade.

What an insane intro to KVR - welcome, jphon and I sincerely apologize that I subjected you to that.

Course, we'll be subjecting you to worse once you're hooked on the KVRack.

Tried to download twice: First i got 19 sec, then 26 sec. Seems to be a true Runasong...will download later again.... .
"It dreamed itself along"

Who'll stop him ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

A: Oliver Hardea
"It dreamed itself along"

I really like the harmonic progression and the choirs. A nice easy-listening christian tune. :)

stanlea wrote:I really like the harmonic progression and the choirs. A nice easy-listening christian tune. :)
Way by far the most insane (and, oddly, catchy) band I've ever been in was an Xtian band.
Accoustic guitar + vocal = leader/writer
Upright bass player
then me and another avant skronk woodwind player, between us we had 18 instruments on the stage including a casiotone of some sort eacvh, with chords taped to popsicle sticks to make "chord pedals" so we could play em with our feet while we played other things - bass clarinet, clarinet, alto sax, sansa, singing saw, mouth organ, jaw harp, 2 alto recorders in one mouth, etc. etc.

The lyrics were "Christian" to the degree that a psychotic madnan's obsession with the apocalyptic chapters and Psalms of the Bible represent that faith... which is kinda-sorta, in a paranoid frizzle fry kind of way.

Mostly Lydian chord progressions. :) We played an Insudtrian Rave and a Mumia Abu Jamal benefit with hip-hop artists. Madness, pure unadulterated madness.

"So take your skin off, dance naked in the mirror, you know exactly what I mean..." <----- Christian lyrics?

I am so so so so so so so sleep deprived I think I've lost the ability to lie. I'm in trouble if someone talks to me!

What were we talking about? Thank you for your monotreme, stanlea.

Kind of like someone took a sort of poppy Kraftwerk song from circa 1982 and stuck it in a blender with some fish sauce and a bit of seaweed.

My kind of Sunday morning listening. :)

runagate wrote:What an insane intro to KVR - welcome, jphon and I sincerely apologize that I subjected you to that.
appreciate the welcome, no need to apologize...I actually tried to recreate it by swallowing my mic,
soon as I can post something I'll let you hear how it came out :hihi:

That' s wonderful!! I've been whistling it all morning. The Rapturous Joy of Glitch! I really like the downturn at about the 2:00 minute mark...I've often felt that way at about 3:30 in the PM.

trippy, abstract, and gooey deliciousness. Sorry, i think I need to purchase a thesaurus. Love the sizzle spine texture.
Fyi, Runagate, I am working on a remix of that track you posted for remixing not long ago. It won't be as weird and sublime as yours, but when i'm finished I'll pm you the result (could be a couple weeks at most)
good work,
Jazzy

runagate wrote:
stanlea wrote:I really like the harmonic progression and the choirs. A nice easy-listening christian tune. :)
Way by far the most insane (and, oddly, catchy) band I've ever been in was an Xtian band.
Accoustic guitar + vocal = leader/writer
Upright bass player
then me and another avant skronk woodwind player, between us we had 18 instruments on the stage including a casiotone of some sort eacvh, with chords taped to popsicle sticks to make "chord pedals" so we could play em with our feet while we played other things - bass clarinet, clarinet, alto sax, sansa, singing saw, mouth organ, jaw harp, 2 alto recorders in one mouth, etc. etc.

The lyrics were "Christian" to the degree that a psychotic madnan's obsession with the apocalyptic chapters and Psalms of the Bible represent that faith... which is kinda-sorta, in a paranoid frizzle fry kind of way.

Mostly Lydian chord progressions. :) We played an Insudtrian Rave and a Mumia Abu Jamal benefit with hip-hop artists. Madness, pure unadulterated madness.

"So take your skin off, dance naked in the mirror, you know exactly what I mean..." <----- Christian lyrics?
That was surely a gas.
I am so so so so so so so sleep deprived I think I've lost the ability to lie. I'm in trouble if someone talks to me!

What were we talking about? Thank you for your monotreme, stanlea.
I am not sure... monotreme is not in my dictionnary, it should be between "monotony" and "monoxide". Anything related ?[/quote]

Whoa I am so tired I spelled "Industrial" as "Insudtrian"???
Now that's a word I don't know!

Monotreme is one of the three orders of mammals: placentals like us, marsupials and then monotremes which have pouches but they face backwards and lay leathery eggs (only the echidna/spiny anteater and platypus are still around for team monotreme).

Kraftwerk, hero? :x :help: lmao

This is glitch, mayan? Cool, maybe I'm part of the "glitch elite" inasmuch as elite means the downtrodden minority to un-self-aware USA fascisti nowadays. Perhaps I can join the "Native American elite" also.

I'm pretty sure I don't make glitch, though I will admit that some of these sounds are mildly chiptunish. Some of theme are also rather Pre-Silurian.

mello and stanlea: lol! Laural and Hardy dada banter always welcome here

Jazzyspoon: they re-released the movie Gymkata on DVD recently: a heroic pommel horse fighter
do not watch that movie

runagate wrote:
Kraftwerk, hero? :x :help: lmao
Oh I just picked the name out of the air.

When you stick anything in a blender with a bunch of fish sauce and some seaweed, it tends to get 'lost in the mix' so to speak. The important issues are:

1. When you add the fish sauce

2. How quickly you add the fish sauce

3. The speed of the blender when you add it.

Personally I think you 'have the knack' so to speak.

Return to “Music Cafe”