[ runagate ] Shuddering Dewdroplet in face of death serene

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Monotreme is one of the three orders of mammals: placentals like us, marsupials and then monotremes which have pouches but they face backwards and lay leathery eggs (only the echidna/spiny anteater and platypus are still around for team monotreme).
Thank you, the situation needed to be clarified.
mello and stanlea: lol! Laural and Hardy dada banter always welcome here
I'll do my best. Would you make me the honor to listen to my sweetest lullaby ?

http://www.putinputout.com/index.php?Sound-stuff
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Wow what in hell???
That's some crazy shuffle you've got going on there; me like-y.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, it's incredibly quiet on my laptop. Even with my ear actually resting on the speaker I couldn't hear any bass frequencies and I don't see a volume control on your website (I have things configured a bit different than most web browsers but I did see the play, pause, etc.). Is all of that live instrumentation? Sounds like it at that quiet volume... perhaps a prepared basoon?? :) I want to hear more.

runagate wrote:Whoa I am so tired I spelled "Industrial" as "Insudtrian"???
Now that's a word I don't know!

Monotreme is one of the three orders of mammals: placentals like us, marsupials and then monotremes which have pouches but they face backwards and lay leathery eggs (only the echidna/spiny anteater and platypus are still around for team monotreme).

Kraftwerk, hero? :x :help: lmao

This is glitch, mayan? Cool, maybe I'm part of the "glitch elite" inasmuch as elite means the downtrodden minority to un-self-aware USA fascisti nowadays. Perhaps I can join the "Native American elite" also.

I'm pretty sure I don't make glitch, though I will admit that some of these sounds are mildly chiptunish. Some of theme are also rather Pre-Silurian.

mello and stanlea: lol! Laural and Hardy dada banter always welcome here

Jazzyspoon: they re-released the movie Gymkata on DVD recently: a heroic pommel horse fighter
do not watch that movie
can't wait to get to st paul and meet this guy...

This is a nice bit of whacked out weirdness, runagate. sounds like an intro for a NIN track. i can almost hear a big, fat glitched out drum track sitting on top of this to complement the evolving fx.

rgds
adam

dover666, there is no "guy" only an old, mildy delusional Commodore 64 in a dusty broom closet in the back of a Somali halal deli.

Amamxl, you wanna put drums to it go for it. I tend not to put drums into my explateration of triptamine fana, as the brethren would say, because it's too easy. I did drums like 2 days ago. Once we move from the Noughties emo trend to the Teenies the trendhunters will discover that NIN was always meant to be the way Trent's original HLAH demo was (recasting the midi with happy presets and sampled) and I will be living in a compost heap to stay warm. If you are capable of parsing any of the aforementioned falderal I may have to try harder once again. Apparently the human mind needs sleep so perhaps I don't have to be human any more after today.

Runagate, sorry for the low level.
I used preparationP, a crappy drum soundfont and a xaphoon processed with Spear. So there is no bass.

Spear is here
http://www.klingbeil.com/spear/

This is a xaphoon :

And I promise not to hijack your threads any more. Soon a guitar duo by my favorite ants on putinputout.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Absolutely anyone who can do that with a xaphoon (I started oboe/sax myself) is welcome to hijack my threads any old time. I'd rather hear new music like this than trick poor innocent civilians into sitting through my bat coutry sermons. I thought that sounded like Prepatation P... I used it in a song the other day I posted here but I couldn't get it to stick out in the mix very well. It's so quiet, though, tis odd. I'll be listening on headphones later so hopefully that'll help, though I'm perplexed by how quiet that website is.

Xaphoon :) At work last night I made an oboe from a drinking straw and a scissors to amuse a drunk man (a trick the musician/bowling alley mechanic/pagan man of the cloth/genius tatoo artist Stephen Noska taught me) which sounds a bit like a xaphoon. Perhaps I wasn't imagining woodwind multiphonics in your quiet streaming audio after all 8)

Spear- not familar with that one. I'll have to investigate.

Hey runagate- I need to remind myself to get more of your music. I like this one, also quite liked your track Peaking In Sponge (which is playing now since I dragged the new one above it in the playlist). Excellent oddness.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

just finished listening to it.....
i should do more for my headspace once and a while.....
i'm trying to get myself to just hand out most of the raw material i've been working on the last few months... and get back into more live stuff... make a thereminish thingy to play too.... maybe an electric jawharp.....

I'm inordinately proud of Peaking. Thanks synthgeek. Everything I've got on the net is free for download somewhere from my www over there on the left.

dover, more live stuff? that's the way I'm heading, too.... 8)

great track!! really like the rhythmic sounds! and lots of crazy 'melodish' sounds , very trippy !!!

Whoa, must towel off after that! Your love of wetness to the fore, there are some hidden gems slithering below the surface, as it should be, to my way of thinking anyhow. Slosh... slosh... slosh...
Image Image

Hi Runagate I enjoyed this one, I love the melody comin out of the foam and touchin solid ground
Cool stuff you're a weirdness master

Cheers

JacK_SoliuM wrote:great track!! really like the rhythmic sounds! and lots of crazy 'melodish' sounds , very trippy !!!
polyslax wrote:Whoa, must towel off after that! Your love of wetness to the fore, there are some hidden gems slithering below the surface, as it should be, to my way of thinking anyhow. Slosh... slosh... slosh...
Laguna Rising wrote:Hi Runagate I enjoyed this one, I love the melody comin out of the foam and touchin solid ground
Cool stuff you're a weirdness master

Cheers
Two things I love about computer composing:

Sneaky melody line tricks - that beautiful little part underneath that comes in underneath that's in a very strange cadence, perhaps the deceptive cadence? - or the chiptune morphing lead that comes in and has very strange passing tone relations with the underlying structure - very hard shit to pull of live improv with a horn. Even my ear ain't that weird in real time.

Plus using spectral processing and such to make wet sounds. My ideal noise is a comet hitting a giant planet made of jello and pulverizing it into electrons which squeal in quantum delight as they zoom away.

Thanks for listening. Please remember to tip your waitress.

I could soooooo put some awesome vocals over this...
:tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”