a result of insomnia..

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there KVR peoples
So, this isn't finished, but here's the result of a couple of nights of insomnia. Been sitting on this one for a bit and thought I would share and see if anyone else finds value in it. There is very little theme musically or song-writing in this one. Just a lot of brain noises and drums to help me try to fall asleep. It changes up as it progresses, but its not the grandstand electronically I usually post on here.
peace,
Jazzyspoon

CAMPER MOON - Jazzyspoon
11.1mb 256kbps 6:03

Sleep less, make more music! The bit that starts at around 3:30 really got my attention. Impressive composition, especially the different parts flow together.

3am

Very different, and interesting too :)

I always get jealous of people who can do 'stuff' with percussion :(

tag for later

Omg, I love this! This, of course, is my home tempo zone, so it feels comfortable to me straight away. Love the sounds, the atmospherics, the dreaminess, yeah, this does all kinda goodness to me. Excellent!
Image Image

oo er missus, this is niiiiiiice, with a capital NI!
i know insomnia all too well, and if it felt this good even half the time id be much happier :D

Hey, thanks for the feedback fellas, I'll get back to this track and update it eventually.....when I can't sleep, I imagine.
I'll let ya know when i do, but it probably won't be right away.
peace
jazzy

Hmm, Its nice and melodic, reminds me like a chillout/hip hop version of Aphex Twin

I'm always impressed when a "downtempo" song catches my prolonged attention (read: polyslax) (I actually don't know wtf the genre of downtempo is, I'm using the term in the traditional sense I guess) (I realize this is a lot of parenthetical asides) (shut up) (no, you shut up) and this does indeed make the happy place in my ear sing - even the vocal samples work well, which is pretty amazing as you dance music folks very, very rarely use them tastefully ;)

Ok, so maybe you're not a dance music person, but this song kicks ass nevertheless!

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this thread, I badly wanted to bump it for others to take note of.

BTW what on earth is going on at the 3:30 mark breakdown? There's so much goodness there and oddly I can't put my finger on what exactly is making any of the goodness happen. The drums are fairly straitforward, but there's some reverby stuttering going on in the background, and whatever that synth is it's awesome, and I think there's a really odd filter on it but I can't tell wtf it is, sounds a little like kriptonia.

(Yeah), i call what happens at 3:30 the cream filling (I try to do it in all my stuff if possible). Its a reaktor synth (i'll get the exact ens name for you later) sent through a mangler (Motile, which wasn't easy to make do this) and bathed in some PoCo reverb and delay.
(I) Don't)(want) (to) (be) (out) (parenthicated)....(thats not a word)(it is now, stupid)

Thanks for the great lift, Runagate. i highly value your opinion always.
(Jazzyspoon)

Ok Reaktor I don't have (I think I'd be even more of an irritant if I had it) and I should have known it was Motile as I've been using it for the last 6 hours ;)

Btw that fill that the guitar switches to - I want to steal that mode/cadence whatever it is and use it :P

Missed this thread for a bit it seems....

Funny that you don't sound as though you like this one that much, this is actually a favorite in my (ever-growing) collection of Jazzy tracks. There's some very cool sounds & melodies here, and your usual excellent drum programming.

It is definitely a good track for feeling mellow, I can see how you might use it as a sleep aid.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Thanks, SG. I like it and even proud of it too, I'm just shy about that lack of any actual structure and the fact that my speaking voice is clear as day on there. Its different from singing, more vulnerable somehow.

That's you speaking???

Man, if that's your recorded voice you got nothing to worry about. What is this "structure" I keep hearing about? :O

runagate wrote: What is this "structure" I keep hearing about? :O
Point taken. The 'devil may care'. Thanks for reminding me to stop thinking in that way so much.

Return to “Music Cafe”