+ + commestible symphonic reggae hip-hop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.dashsignature.com/mp3/Think_Litania_Dub.mp3

where is my rapper?

new:
http://www.dashsignature.com/mp3/Think_ ... Update.mp3

- changed the strings sound as some of you suggested and
reinforced the drums, also some changes in the reagge organ sound and parts
Last edited by liqih on Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

well done

DLed, tag for later :)

Liked the song a lot liqih, but once again your strings didn't sit well with me... found them a little full and overpowering and I didn't like the glock doubling with the strings here. Interesting snare panning!

Really REALLY dig the track though! Please continue with this.
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Liked the song a lot liqih, but once again your strings didn't sit well with me... found them a little full and overpowering and I didn't like the glock doubling with the strings here. Interesting snare panning!

Really REALLY dig the track though! Please continue with this.
+1

:)

Subz

Thanks Fiasco,

Thanks runa,

Thanks polysax,

Thanks djsubject,

Liked the song a lot liqih, but once again your strings didn't sit well with me... found them a little full and overpowering and I didn't like the glock doubling with the strings here.
yeah I'm experimenting with the string these days, but honestly I thought that thye worked better here than in the other track http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184190

the glock and the fullness here were to make it sound grand orchestra in the bridge,

what would you suggest?, a more trip pop laid back mix? curious

I really liked this one, my only comment would be that the drums (mostly the snare) seemed a little reverb-y & "far back" in contrast to the other sounds sometimes. I would agree with you that the strings work better here than in the other one.

Nice work, and an original take on this flavor of music I think.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

liqih wrote:what would you suggest?, a more trip pop laid back mix? curious
That's what I'm thinking, yeah... maybe that risks becoming cliché?
Image Image

synthgeek wrote:I really liked this one, my only comment would be that the drums (mostly the snare) seemed a little reverb-y & "far back" in contrast to the other sounds sometimes. I would agree with you that the strings work better here than in the other one.

Nice work, and an original take on this flavor of music I think.
thanks mate, I will work on another mix soon

polyslax wrote:
liqih wrote:what would you suggest?, a more trip pop laid back mix? curious
That's what I'm thinking, yeah... maybe that risks becoming cliché?
Cound be, anyway I will try also that and let you hear, later

Your drums sound weak. Sounds like general midi music or something. You seriously need some dirty compression or some shorter reverbs. The strings also sound too convolved. And your bass is louder than your kick. That's a no no in hiphop. Kick and snare should be the loudest. This sounds like elevator music or some cheesy video game thatric piece. On the skanking/dub keyboard you need longer, dirtier reverb and/or delays that trail off like analog delays. This would be the perfect background track for a karaoke website.

If you want to hear a pretty good drum mix for hiphop try picking up pharells latest album with clipse. It's an extreme example.

frequency_algorithm wrote:Your drums sound weak. Sounds like general midi music or something. You seriously need some dirty compression or some shorter reverbs. The strings also sound too convolved. And your bass is louder than your kick. That's a no no in hiphop. Kick and snare should be the loudest. This sounds like elevator music or some cheesy video game thatric piece. On the skanking/dub keyboard you need longer, dirtier reverb and/or delays that trail off like analog delays. This would be the perfect background track for a karaoke website.
Thanks so much! Really, actually I more a fan of Dub mixes than hip-hop, that's why my bass is so loud, and the skanking/dub keyboard was intentionally so dry,
but I totally agree on the drums I will improve it

love the mood, and the bass, didn't enjoy the strings sound though, it doesn't sound right in the mix to me. not one of your best tracks IMO, but i enjoyed listening to it.

This is pretty nice. I thought the strings were moving along a little too slowly in the beginning. Not quite enough going on at times for me. But some nice things going on definitely.

Return to “Music Cafe”