A Pensive Melody

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A few months ago I composed a tune based on some new instrument ideas I'd just created for ZynAddSubFX. At the time I gave it a rather frivolous title, but the tune developed into something much more meaningful.

The tune itself, as well as it's inappropriate title has haunted me ever since, and I've kept fiddling with it but never been really satisfied. Recently, I had it playing in the background (yeah I do that sometimes) while watching the news on TV, at which point everything suddenly came together.

For what it's worth, the melody is now dedicated to all those families that wait and wait for loved ones who have inexplicably disappeared.

Lost (but never forgotten) ogg mp3

:love:
A delightful composition, my friend.
So perfectly 'English'. This is one of the nicest tunes I have heard in a long while.
If you ever want to expand on this with 'real' instruments just drop me a line.
:wink:

Thanks very much for your comments. I'm very glad you like it.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Isn't it terrible how some people (bump) their threads :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

:o
But some deserved to be bumped.....
8)

:roll:
The thing is that, here at KVR there may be thousands of members who, potentially, give a huge audience for your work...but in reality only a handful will give a listen, or a criticism, of anything that is on page one. Once a few more cafe songs come along, and your piece is relegated to page two......then it is in limbo, my friend.
If you want good friendly constructive criticism you should join our little family over at Kara-moon.com forum. :wink:

Last bump. Absolutely the last one. Really, really the last BUMP.

Return to “Music Cafe”