break it down

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Rachmiel,
I am incredibly curious about what inspired this track or at least its genre hybrids. The beginning sample is cool, then it really loses me for a bit. Theres an 80's element to it that, well, just frightens me. And maybe thats a good thing. The wildly flailing keyboards and sharply loud basslines, while immensely talented and well played/programmed, have a style I don't think i have ever heard from you before and am having a little bit of trouble swallowing. Again, thats probably a good thing.
However, I do really like what happens at around 3:25 or so. The song could start at that tempo/area you have there. And some of the editing through out the song is totally amazing.

I like the last half more than the first.

I hope this opinion doesn't come off as mean or in bad form, just really stunned about the genre choice you have chosen and what I think i expected to hear.
Still, brilliant work all in all and thank you for sharing it.

drive-by tag once again :( sorry

Yeah, the 80s synthdisco thing is a bit surprising. To be honest, I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet.

what inspired this is what's been inspiring all my odm efforts: to go where i've never gone before. :-)

in terms of mixing 80s with whatever ... i like it, because it's aesthetically confusing.

all my pieces are basically grotesques, whether they are in an avant garde style or a pop style.

its like prince took mescal :o
im seeing lots of white gloves, and "CHOOSE LIFE" tshirts rick, and like shamann, im not sure i was/am ready :cry:
some parts really interest me, other parts scare me, mainly the initial miami vice style beats...
after that and before that, pretty groovy.

theres a really princesque guitar solo that rocks tho, so secrets on how that was done will get you brownie points :D

it's the soundtrack to Finnegan's wake.
fascinating how well you nailed "the sound" of 80's funkier side.
You often challenge me to even know how I could talk about a piece.
I like the lead sounds throughout.
I like the cheese of the beginning.
The gaps and changes were more than drops or rhthymic tricks - they felt like gaps, disjunctive and jarring.
I'm glad you shake things up; keeps me honest. "Grotesques" (is that a formal musical category?) is a good description for me.
thanks for posting :)

thanks vurt. :-) i'm a big anti-fan of prince, so to be compared to him is quite lovely. ;-)

> gaps and changes were more than drops or rhthymic tricks - they felt like gaps, disjunctive and jarring

yes. i'm really playing with the extremes. :-)

Oh man, I was lmao at this, think it shouldn't be taken too seriously, lotsa fun!
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”