2 New Granville Tunes on MySpace

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Granville just posted our lastest two songs from the upcoming album, Evening Trains.

Check 'em out here

If I Didn't Know is actually the first one I started doing prodution work on (mixing, mastering, M-Tron strings, drum programming, and some song arranging). But it's taken us a long time to get completed (Granville in CA, me in MD makes fine tuning rather difficult). It's probably gone through over 20 versions, including an extended dub version with some keyboard work using Benedict's Janus 3.5 synth (too bad that got cut from the singles version).

In About Mine features Whitney Waters on vocals (she'll be on 3 tracks total) and is one of the newer songs on the CD. Written much later than If I Didn't, it's much closer in style to what Granville will be doing on their 3rd CD: more intimate, handmade, and minimal. I used the Middle Eastern percussion kit in Battery 3 for the drums. I think they work out really well. Has some subtle samples in it as well (a car passing in front of my house and some short wave radio sounds from a cassette I made ages ago). No synths in this one but I like it nonetheless. Really sticks in my head.

Additional info and stuff on www.granvillemusic.com

Hi Emdot

Sounds good and thanks for the plug (even tho I ended up on the cutting floor)

:)

it not bad,
somehow a little untight,all in all,but not a bad work..too much of m-tron,my opinion..
b.
...the most nicest noise is to laugh...

Thanks all. Once all the songs are done and we start mastering the CD, the songs will go through some EQ changes during mastering.

@basslastiger = I tend to agree about the Tron, but the powers-that-be kept having me up them in the mix. Ultimately, it's not my decision. I will be trying to get them a bit down in the mastering, though. :wink:

All these songs are being submitted for market testing through a promoter that got Granville's first CD a lot of air paly at the college, adult contemporary, and even some country station.

Return to “Music Cafe”