Electronica

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

This is my first time posting tracks on this forum.
These are two tracks, that I've been working on for a while. Comments, critique, feedback are welcome.
Genre: Electronica, i guess (what genre would you call it?)

Perrioo

Touch (New version uploaded Sept. 1)

Thanks for listening

/bogh
Last edited by bogh on Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perrioo - really brave use of detuning and nice sounding peice. You got it to work really well.

Touch - good quality down beat easy listening - just what I needed after the day I have had!

Thanks for the share! :tu:

....nice hint of vox in 'Touch' too 8)

Hi, nice tracks. Very space filled music, with good orchestration, nice use of melody and harmony...

Your mixes seem allright, little more compression to control peeks, practice volum balancing, and Touch, sounds muddy, I think its needs some eq to sharpen some aspects...

Perrioo Seems to go out of key at times, I dont know if that is what you were going for, Touch seems to stay in key for the most part so I thought is was worth a mention...

The more I listen to touch I really think the mix needs work. Sounds muddy and volume not balanced...

I give you props for your sound and orchestration and compisition overall...

but everything IMO... I am still learning, I dont mix well by far...
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

...and you've been a member since 2003 - man, and I thought I was shy about my music!! :lol:

Thanks for the comments so far!
Yup - been a member for a while... don't know why it never occured to me to post tracks.
I agree on Touch needing some work - it is a very rough mix. I've been concentrating more on composition/arrangement.
Perrioo is pretty much finished - and yeah, purposefully detuned (or "out of key")

wow, I truly love those :love: , keepers both of them.
Not so much "electronica" (whatever that means) as clever, charming downtempo to me.
I could listen to this stuff in the mix all night.

MArco :)

Thanks, Bonteburg.
I'm glad you like it.

/bogh

Touch sounds very good but it's missing something to complete it,
the first half reminds of Stereolab very much,

Would you allow me to remix it?
(you may check http://www.liqihsynth.com/Liqih_Sound)

Perrioo is fun! Very cool, just I'd like a bit more spacey in the mix, bit I think it's a matter of taste, I like Dub

i'm listening to the first one and it's nice. i like the detuned lo fi piano type sounds. i don't like the synth pad for some reason, it just sounds too much like a synth workstation sound or new age music or something. the drums are great, really nice mix, great arrangement. you definitely have production skills!!

thanks for sharing!!
Eins zwei drei vier funf sechs sieben acht

I liked the way Perrioo started out. Reminded me somewhat of 80's pop music without being cheesy. I like the detuning... its a nice twist. I am somwhat reminded of Daft Punk when I listen to this. About half way through though it gets repetative to me. Maybe not enough variety in the song? I keep waiting for a different progression that you never get to, or something like that... i can't put my finger on it.

I really like Touch. Its a nice chill tune. The e-piano or hammer synth (whatever it is) and the pad with the tremelo(ish) effect blend really nicely. I like how it drops down to a whisper half way through and changes the progression too. The jazzy drums are a nice touch. I say well done on this one.

Thanks again for all the great respons on these tracks. When I have the time, I'll definitely get back to work on "Touch".

Liqih - Sure, you're welcome to give a remix a shot. It would probably be great inspiration for myself to hear someone else's rendition of the track. That's a pretty eclectic collection of works on your website - I look forward to hearing what you get out off it :D
Send med an e-mail: bogh(at)electronicmusic.dk

I've uploaded a new version of Touch - better mix and slightly more structured ending.
Same link as the original post.

/bogh

Return to “Music Cafe”