September Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echo Voodoo wrote:@Sepheritoh - you've got two #7s in your voting list.
Oh sh't

Thanks for pointing it out. I am a bit slow :oops:

Fixed

damnit, that old harmonica is a tremolo harmonica! i need my e flat! not to mention my a & b! :cry:

why isn't it chromatic :cry:
https://melodyklein.bandcamp.com/
Creativity is a drug I cannot live without.
Cecil B. DeMille (1881 - 1959)

Psy-T wrote:damnit, that old harmonica is a tremolo harmonica! i need my e flat! not to mention my a & b! :cry:

Because when you bought it you were young and poor.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:
Psy-T wrote:damnit, that old harmonica is a tremolo harmonica! i need my e flat! not to mention my a & b! :cry:

Because when you bought it you were young and poor.
actually, my grandma bought it in romania about half a century ago :P

but something perplexes me regarding chromatic harmonicas, namely chords; how would i play a c-d#-g chord on it for instance?

Rachmiel, Offthewall, Electric Chair Orchestra, Nils_b, Wyatt, Aziraphal, Petrudamsa, Beardedone, LauraMichelJarre, Folderol, Dr AX, torhan, jer1224 - I appreciate your votes, and thanks to everybody for listening!

Psy-T wrote: actually, my grandma bought it in romania about half a century ago :P

but something perplexes me regarding chromatic harmonicas, namely chords; how would i play a c-d#-g chord on it for instance?
I would spell that chord a c-e flat(eb)-g that means a C minor. Now depents on how your harmonica is constructed for the left hand.

There are harmonicas that have "preseted" chords for the left hand. Each button, a chord. The position of the butons are quite different from the piano keys (chromatic); they go downwards in 5-ths. You got several rows of buttons, usually the first one is for single notes, the second one for the accordingly major chords and the third one for minor chords.

and you say your grandmother bought it from Romania?

Hmmm. Think you're mixing up harmonicas with accordians here.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:Hmmm. Think you're mixing up harmonicas with accordians here.
Maybe. The fact is that we got here in Romania the term "Armonica" which is an instrument closely related with the accordion, meanwhile for the englsh word "harmonica" we got the romanian corespondent "muzicutza".
That's why I kinda messed up. :P

I'm quiet surprised my Rachmiel interpretation is scoring. I didn't realize there were so many addepts for this kind of music. 8)

It made me think... 8)
"There's obviously a market and almost no competition (only Rachmiel - who's too busy explaining his hocus-pocus in articles)... "

Maybe I'll have to do Gestalt-disco or heavy Gestalt-polka... :wink: :lol:

Cheers,

Max... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Hokie Smokes!

You people that have voted for my collab with Christine are way too kind!
Thank you very much!

I really didn't expect us to do this well

-Scoops
Bunch O Stuff

Oh yeah.....

I'll be closing the voting tomorrow when I get out of bed.
If you haven't cast your vote, be sure to do so.

-Scoops
Bunch O Stuff

Thanks to creeper, oddbod's finger, Barnadine & Psy-T for the votes.

Cheers :)
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

petrudamsa wrote:
folderol wrote:Hmmm. Think you're mixing up harmonicas with accordians here.
Maybe. The fact is that we got here in Romania the term "Armonica" which is an instrument closely related with the accordion, meanwhile for the englsh word "harmonica" we got the romanian corespondent "muzicutza".
That's why I kinda messed up. :P
cheers for trying to help anyway :)

Thanks to everyone who voted for "Cello Player". Glad you enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the entries this month. There is so much scary talent here :o

I'd like to say a big thank you to the "Aftertaste" voters.

Return to “Music Cafe”