Short techno clip from Poland

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody;
Since I remeber I always produce some music .. good , bad , ill, shity - I don'y want to pronounce :) please find below my short clip of some techno pattern and give my your opinion about it. Maybe it's help me to lift to another level of produce skills - who knows ?

http://hobbit.superhost.pl/promo/a1.mp3

vstSynth:
ppd Tritium
NI Kontakt2 (sliced funk loops and all percussion)
JUNO-106

vstEfx:
compresor (kjaerhus audio)
delay (kjaerhus audio)
d-pole filter (waldorf)

+ Kontakt Efx

and setup like this:
Sonar 6 Producer Edition | SB audigy SE | amplifer:technics su-810 | speakers: unitra ZgC-50-8-44 | headphones: sennheiser hd 200

Cool loop! A lot of potential in here!

BUT

LEVEL -> too low. Could do at least a normalization.
DRUMS -> weak. reminds me that old TR-707, but with less bass. Easy to fix. (mainly kick and hihat, that are the driven force of any Techno song)

Keep working and you'll come with a nice track! :)

dark_virus wrote:Cool loop! A lot of potential in here!

BUT

LEVEL -> too low. Could do at least a normalization.
DRUMS -> weak. reminds me that old TR-707, but with less bass. Easy to fix. (mainly kick and hihat, that are the driven force of any Techno song)

Keep working and you'll come with a nice track! :)
Hey Dark_Virus thanks for your advices & check this finetuned loop

http://hobbit.superhost.pl/promo/a1b.mp3

regards.hobbit

Still too light on the kick for me. Nice loop, of its type.

Something this straight up and down needs to really drive, for me. That means bass deep down that punches you in the stomach and hi hats that sizzle. :)

needs punch!

i like the funky slide sounds...

Take the reverb off the bass, bring it up in the mix, Kick drum is too thin and clicky.

1-2-Many wrote:Take the reverb off the bass, bring it up in the mix, Kick drum is too thin and clicky.
Thanks for good tips :) I'll try to make it more punchy tomorow because today I'll go to bed :)

In Poland we got horrible weather right now it's raining all the time ... maybe it's good time to produce some rainy acid tracks ? :D

Big up pals !

hobbit wrote: Thanks for good tips :) I'll try to make it more punchy tomorow because today I'll go to bed :)

& as I promise: http://hobbit.superhost.pl/promo/a1d.mp3

Pals let's check this loop! :oops:

still not enough punch. I can hardly hear the kick drum or bass frequencies.
the hihat is now a touch dominant. keep going though- it's a sweet loop. :)

wOOt... this is one hell of a cool loop with the menacing stabs every 8 bars!

Production: take 50 per cent off that hat, let a huge kickdrum straddle the mix (so big you think it could be a little too loud) and compress the end result.

Marco :)

Nice Loops and Patterns. I like also punchy Bass Drums but in this tune i think this fits well. A bit of punch (try layering technique for that psychoacoustic effect)
JJSR Productions
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - 16 GB Ram- Win10 Pro @64bit
Cubase 9.5, Wavelab 9.5
VST: Tone2, D16, Steinberg, NI, Slate and many other

Return to “Music Cafe”