3am - Tlynt... glitchy, noisy something or other

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is amazing, Justin. There are certain textures that actually create a 3d depth illusion on my 2d monitors. Magic editing and highly detailed programming (as usual) It has a set form and shape, but still seems poetically broken and perfectly erratic. Technologically, you are in a new echelon of electronic musicianship that a lot of others here (myself included)do not have the privy to claim. Great work.
I will agree with those who say don't change it. There is a raw element, a dirtiness, that if polished up would take something away rather than add to it.
This was quite a ride....keeper.

Jazzyspoon wrote:There are certain textures that actually create a 3d depth illusion on my 2d monitors.
:D

I finally got this effect to work. Phase tricks and negative delay that should result in the sound seeming to come from behind you. I'm glad you heard that. it was the only way I could get that sound to fit in the mix.
Technologically, you are in a new echelon of electronic musicianship that a lot of others here (myself included)do not have the privy to claim. Great work.
And I'm still trying to catch up with Polyslax!

Thanks for listening and for all the kind words.
Last edited by justin3am on Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:love: it's nuts

keep on truc'ing :D

de la Mancha wrote::love: it's nuts
I've never been a big fan of nuts. I always take them out of trailmix ...but then it's more like M&M's + Raisins. They should just make M&M's + Raisins. I would buy so much of that. I'm just a really big fan of sweet things. :love:

Take my wife...
...no, take her please! :lol:

I'm here all week folks! Tip your waitresses.

...but please, help them up again if you do!

Seriously though, DLM, I have gone through you entire line of freeware over this weekend. You've got some absolutely top notch shit. Thanks also to Sinkmusic who's presets have made Truc that much easier to get a hang of.

3am

the more it gets away from the brutally insistent 'c's the better I like it

that much repetition of a single tone is weird to me in a noise context, and unsettling

very imaginative. I mean insane. :hihi:
it's always something. if it's not one thing, it's another.

jcivil wrote:that much repetition of a single tone is weird to me in a noise context, and unsettling
:hihi: I am tonally inept! Tone deaf one might say. I have no concept of harmonic relationships except in the context of arithmetic ratios. I have sought tutelage in the field a few times ...on two separate occasions I was told I couldn't be taught :cry: . Until Rachmiel sent me some links, I was unable to find info about music theory that I was able to process (that is I couldn't find anything in the form of a technical manual).

That is correct folks, I create purely calculated music with the hope of evoking some inspiration along the way. :oops: For every track I put out, I have dozens of half baked ideas based on tonal algorithms that simply don't illicit any emotional response. Using this process, only the most simple melodic sequences make it through the sifter. Boy, do I envy those with musical inclination.

I guess what I'm trying to focus on at this point is hearing the music in my head. Right now I hear noise which I crack away at in a DAW like a sculptor would a chunk of marble. Once I can actually think musically perhaps I can do more than just make noises. :lol:

Thanks for listening jcivil!
3am

hey !Justin !
Nice track, glad you like Truc and that it can inspire you !
Cheers

completely dirty, raw, and insane goodness! my head hurts! gorgeous!
ITM: Inappropriate. Touching. Music.
electronic/hip hop
http://jazzyspoon.com/MELODAY.htm
http://www.myspace.com/mldy

Meloday wrote:my head hurts!
:hihi:

Yeah, now imagine how my wife felt while I was mixing it!

I have also been officialy barred from playing this at work ever again.

Thanks for listening Meloday!

Thanks also Sink!

3am

Return to “Music Cafe”