Pianoteq/Reflect = Reflections

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just some noodlings with Pianoteq 2 making use of it's extensive microtuning and key remapping abilities to create something that maybe owes more than a little to Terry Riley. I used Virsyn Relect to create a deep but natural reverb like a limpid pool for the sound to spread out into like ripples.

http://www.fingermarks.co.uk/music/Reflections.mp3

nice noodling! normally i'm not a big fan of reverb in electronic music, but it sounds quite okay here. but back to the noodling ... by turns this reminded me of keith jarrett, ravel, messiaen. overall convincingly lyrical. you should write a full fledged piano piece in this style.

rachmiel wrote:nice noodling! normally i'm not a big fan of reverb in electronic music, but it sounds quite okay here. but back to the noodling ... by turns this reminded me of keith jarrett, ravel, messiaen. overall convincingly lyrical. you should write a full fledged piano piece in this style.

I'm really still practising and developing my playing - not been a keyboardist that long (and it shows) but I enjoy it very much. I am working towards being able to create something bigger but I need to find a way to capture the spontaneity within the context of a larger composition - I find when I try too hard to "compose" it sounds false to me.

wow, you got you hands on piano tek.... mate sounds nice. a little too much reflect I think. might want a shorter setting..... anyways your a good player, and the instrument sounds fantastic, I am so happy for you.........

<---- he said messiaen

I have been chatting up the mesiaen as of late.....
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

Thanks but no I intentionally wanted it long and delighted in the fact that with Reflect long still sounds natural and uncoloured - more so than any other reverb I have tried.

Version 2 of Pianoteq is amazing though - confirms the promise I saw in version 1. Very good piano sounds - also great for Harpsichords and stranger hybrids.

aMUSEd wrote:Thanks but no I intentionally wanted it long and delighted in the fact that with Reflect long still sounds natural and uncoloured - more so than any other reverb I have tried.

ok~

Yeah Virsyn is brilliant, absolutely some of the best things around...
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

This is gorgeous! The fact that the reverb is that lush and deep without getting muddy is pretty amazing. Is Pianoteq a PM piano? If so I'm really impressed with the quality.

3am

Yes it's PM (not even a hybrid) - the quality is very good now, even in the mid ranges where in version 1 it was still a little synthetic sounding. And if you want to use tunings and alternative key mappings it beats sample based Pianos hands down.

Return to “Music Cafe”