2 Minimal, Detroit, Deep, Dub, Techno Tracks up for critique

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lemme know what ya thinks. I am looking for constructive criticism - so keep it professional please.

Links good for about 5 more days...

Also,

Anyone else making this style of music message me - I am looking for techniques and tips... I typically make a blend of acid/glitch/idm/hip-hop, so this is a step in a diff direction.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zanyjb

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7k3ey3

Thanks in advance for the input.

D@t

"Preference Shift Emissions" is tight. Got a friend i'm dyin to play this for. The "Everything" track was good, but seems a little less developed/stylistic than the first track.
Thanks for sharing....

ok mate, on account of whats been said, I am quickly doing " P S E " cause I must be on my way to work. nice piece. really was. something about this mix is a little wierd. I can't quite place it... I really have to run, and will need a second, and possible a third listen to nail it. but I think it was possibly over eq'd but I could be absolutely wrong... but well done track. I will listen again laterz. just seemed like a bunch of frequencies missing in this one, but then again maybe I am used to listen to other stuff.

cheers
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

..hey, i listened to Preference Shift Emissions and that's a solid track. Good stuff. But for the genre look for a different kicksound and add more overall depth and space to the sound, other than that, it's good!

Thanks to everyone for the listening and advice. You are correct regarding depth and space - your trained ear has caught my lack of attention to those aspects after arrangement. I think next step I am going to bounce from Ableton each track, and import into Logic for some Space Designer, Delay Designer, and some glue from Liquid Mix.

In regard to the kick, I have other tracks where I have drowned the kick in reverb and made it but a distant heartbeat sound. Is this more common for the genre as a whole? Also, what else can be done to the kick in this regard?

All feedback has been helpful thanks.

d@t

adverbialsensationalist wrote:I think next step I am going to bounce from Ableton each track, and import into Logic for some Space Designer, Delay Designer, and some glue from Liquid Mix.

In regard to the kick, I have other tracks where I have drowned the kick in reverb and made it but a distant heartbeat sound. Is this more common for the genre as a whole? Also, what else can be done to the kick in this regard?

All feedback has been helpful thanks.

d@t
..no idea what those are, but the track should benefit from some reverb and delay, sure. Kicks are a different matter. I have a hard time myself getting it right. Somehow the kicks in the genre sound very shallow and upfront, but are also wet as water. I don't think they have any reverb on them at all, but are very carefully EQ'd. Listen to Deep Mix Moscow Radio for reference material: http://www.deepmix.ru/

"P.F.E." - has that oldschool detroit kick. Eq/comp is needed on the beat, for sure, but also a few of your sounds. If you put verb on the kick, trim the highs and lows in the reverb itself or you will cloud your mix IMHO. Still, I like it.

Return to “Music Cafe”