Reminiscing - an old collaboration

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

G'day guys,

Thought I'd post this, even though I'm not sure what response it will receive :hihi:

It's a song written by yours truly and a playwright called Sven Swenson (yes, that's his actual name) - he provided the lyrics, and I pretty much did the rest. The mix is atrocious, but at least it's made me realise that I've actually learnt a lot since then! Who knows why I put distortion on the lead vocals of a ballad... :nutter: :hihi:

The reason I found it again was that Sven asked me to find a number of old songs for something in the works - I stumbled across it, and was stoked to find it again :D

It's not everyone's cup of tea (quite dramatic), but for some reason this song just gives me goosebumps - I'm very proud of it :)

Wiredancing

Watto :)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

powerful arrangement with a great performance on vox and keys,
well deservered proudness,

Thanks very much, mate :)

Very powerful vocals. Gave me goosebumps as well. Very sincere and emotional. Yes, you should be very proud, you got some really good performances hear.

3am

You should be proud, Watto. this is gorgeous work. I love this. Well executed vocals. Strength of passion in the lyrics and the deliverer. Drums are there, but they aren't. Very talented. Are you finished with this as a composition/recording?

Thanks guys :)

Jazzy, I wish I wasn't, as in I wish I could remix it, but I can't find the original files :cry:

I think it was 2003, and I think I was still using Logic for PC :shock:

Anyway, I may rerecord at some stage, but for all it's flaws, this version seems to work :)

Bump before it moves off the page :)

Lots of action around here at the moment...

...alright, I'll stop :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”