Please give your opinion :)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Please listen to my new creation and give your opinion about the mix, the arrangement and whatever you want, and how I can make it a better creation! :)

Download me

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by yonyz on Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the link seems not to work...
"For some reason everyone on this site hates Roger Nichols, loves Zebra, doesn't need a Virus (unless it's TI), uses Reaper, and thinks the Kaoss pad is cool: remember these rules and you'll be popular." (blackboyrockinit)

Acrobat wrote:the link seems not to work...
Server not found?
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Try http://www.mytempdir.com/2043784

... he stuck an extra http// in
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

This is quite promising, but not really my thing.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

it's pretty cool actually. very creative stuff going on about 1:20 to 1:50

Good effort, I don't think the psy bassline works with that piece. Like the snrs in the beginning, you choice of low freq sounds need some work. does show you have a unique idea of about what you want to do with you music, and that is a cool thing. I think its gonna take a little more thought and practice. keep at it. I want to hear another one, with a slower bass line. I think this is gonna open up a different view for you. sometimes we get convinced we want to make music in a certain " genre " we stick to the rulze of that genre, and loose our way. For me, it would be like trying my absolute hardest to make jump or hardstyle. although I love listening to hard dance and rave. I even love djing it. I find my tracks are nothing like it. least not yet.

Perhaps guys like you and me just need more practice, or perhaps we are on different musical paths we would like to be on.

cheers
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

First of all, I would like to thank you all for your feedback.

Johnny (my name is johnny too!, well, more like Jonathan , anyways..):

I always like thinking that i'm making Psy Trance, but i'm not sure if i'm right about that, cause me, like you, I like to think that the genre that i love the most, which is psy trance for me, is the kind of music that I make my self..

Anyways, I'm really glad that you found my music to be "cool", hehe, I think you just made my day, or night, actually. I will sleep tight now :)

By the way, I would like to hear a bit about the Technical side of the song..
what do you think about the Mixing?
does the instruments are well placed over the stereo field?
well, you know what Mixing is.. :D

yony.z wrote: By the way, I would like to hear a bit about the Technical side of the song..
what do you think about the Mixing?

sleep well, I will have some technical feedback for you around 5 am my time. about 8 or so hours from now...

:)
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

Cool :D (didn't want to call it "bump")

I like the intro based on a distant pad, that comes back for the ending.
The rhythm is pretty good, I'm not 100 % happy after 1.06 when the synth stops and the bass comes in.
it seems a bit too empty for a long time, not bad anyway.
All in all a good mix, it sounds good

Cheers

Hmm, I'm afraid I made it better.. or worse. you tell me:
http://www.mytempdir.com/2044303

I've used some weird fx's and an IR Reverb on the Intro PAD.

Enjoy! :)

Glad to hear some of your music, yony. The intro sound better in the second take IMHO. I don't like the first percussion, but at about 1.00 it's getting interesting. Maybe the end should be stronger than the beginning. Try to put the last part at the beginning.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

This second mix sounds more interesting to my ears, because it catch the listener attention much better.
Cheers

Thanks for your feedback, guys!
stanlea - I've tried to make the ending quiet, that's why i removed the guitar pad at the end.
Hmm.. wait, I would like to make the track longer, but the current ending just tells the listener "ok, that's the end of it..", but if i will put the ending pad in the start, and vice versa, then it will give me some ways to continue it..

Laguna Rising - you have no idea how i'm glad to hear that :)

B.T.W. What do you think about that sound on 0:53?
I've tried to make it surround with some kind of effect, and i made the whole track using headphones, and i haven't tested it on speakers yet..

--edit--
does anyone have a CRASH sample?
I have a 3 GB sample library, with 0 crash samples in it! (and about 1000 kick samples :\ )
Last edited by yonyz on Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”