Beats

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm listening to jazzy hip-hop. Nicely done - I like most of the sounds and the playing (especially the Rhodes) is good. A little more of the bass drum and a little more variation in the drum beats/loops would help - there is a lot of fill playing, but there only seem to be 2-3 different fills (the snare roll, the closed hat) that get repeated over and over again.

rsadasiv wrote:I'm listening to jazzy hip-hop. Nicely done - I like most of the sounds and the playing (especially the Rhodes) is good. A little more of the bass drum and a little more variation in the drum beats/loops would help - there is a lot of fill playing, but there only seem to be 2-3 different fills (the snare roll, the closed hat) that get repeated over and over again.
Kind words - and you found my weakness - whenever I get to the bit where the click strack starts developing into a drum track and it's time to add fills, I nearly always find something new to do, and then like it so much I use it in the whole song! I'll have to stop doing that.

The artists that are considering these beats have asked for less variation - rappers like things to just go cyclically round with no surprises. Shame ...

Return to “Music Cafe”