0DDB0D: Seahorse in a Jar

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

despite being the wrong time of year (well it is in the UK), hope you enjoy this summery little tune...

:arrow: Seahorse in a Jar (2.21)

PS - Unfortunately, I've lost my 'finger' in a rather nasty accident with my domain name :hihi:

A really great tune!
And I really like what did on the instrumentation.
Did you already buy a pedal (steel) guitar?
Very enjoyable...

cheers and thanks and compliments :D
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Sorry to hear about your finger, Oddbod. Very "rolling along" type of song. I really enjoyed it, too. Another nice one from you...

marvelous

you make such "imaginary" lyrics

nice "sphere" to the guitar

the jazzdrums are rather kewl too ....what did you use for it?

the harmonica gives it a folky feel

the fluty synth makes it dreamy enough for me

intelligent chord progressions .... switches in my taste

all very you ....good to always hear your distinctive "sound"

Yeah, Oddhorse classic, smooth and folky with a creamy voice...very enjoyable!
"It dreamed itself along"

Thanks fellas...glad your enjoying this
thomekk wrote: Did you already buy a pedal (steel) guitar?
no, I cheated - volume fade-ins on the audio clips in Sonar :wink:

Got to agree with the others. Definitely fingered as an Oddbod clasic :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

oddbod wrote:Thanks fellas...glad your enjoying this
thomekk wrote: Did you already buy a pedal (steel) guitar?
no, I cheated - volume fade-ins on the audio clips in Sonar :wink:
:hihi: That's how I do this too. Yup, worked very good here.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

liked this very much for the smooth vocals and melody, also for "cowboy" groove and the good mix,

thanks

Another quirky little classic! The arrangement/instrumentation is very tastefully done.
Image Image

thanks for your comments foderol, polysax & liqih
polyslax wrote:quirky little classic
folderol wrote: Oddbod clasic
mellotronaut wrote:Oddhorse classic
well I guess that this (for me at least) does encapsulate what I think of as my "sound" - a pop song, partly with unconventional chord changes and a mix of electronic and 'real' instrumentation.

Smooth and calming ... nice!

I love this....
The true art of song writing is still alive! You are one of the few in this forum who can write a song the way the greats used to do. Whenever you post I always end up going to your website as I have done again this time and grab a few form the list to listen to.(the British Holiday Trio are my fave's but I like Little Green Men too)
Makes me wish I could grab my guitar and hammer out a tune... unfortunately I am a piano player who is unable to make my fingers work the fretboard without getting a nasty cramp in my pinky....damn you oddbod...damn you all to hell!
:wink: dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

Thanks soundC
danielmm wrote:I love this....
The true art of song writing is still alive! You are one of the few in this forum who can write a song the way the greats used to do. Whenever you post I always end up going to your website as I have done again this time and grab a few form the list to listen to.(the British Holiday Trio are my fave's but I like Little Green Men too)
Makes me wish I could grab my guitar and hammer out a tune... unfortunately I am a piano player who is unable to make my fingers work the fretboard without getting a nasty cramp in my pinky....damn you oddbod...damn you all to hell!
:wink: dano
thanks dano, very flattering words
The British Holiday Trio was probably the most fun I've had recording anything, glad you enjoy those tunes.
BTW, two of the three actually began life on a keyboard, so you don't necessarily need a guitar to hammer out those tunes! :wink:

Another really enjoyable tune from Oddbods (with or without the finger still the same man).

Thanks for brightening up our day.

Return to “Music Cafe”