Tribute to Joe Zawinul

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is my first upload to the Music Cafe, so I hope I did it right.

I loved the music of Joe Zawinul, especially Weather Report. This is not really a jazz piece, because it does not have a lot of changes, but it is an attempt to capture a part of how I felt when I listened to him.

http://kara-moon.com/download_song.php?download_id=4429
Last edited by ravasb on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not getting anything from this link here.

Jazzyspoon wrote:I'm not getting anything from this link here.
Please try it again.

ravasb wrote:because it does not have a lot of changes ...
And unfortunately it doesn't have a lot of Zawinul or Jazz in general !
But that's not my point !

1. Why you force someone to add ".mp3" to your file ? This will surely prevent the majority to download your track ! First I thought of a virus and did let my scanner check the file first !

2. Where did you dig out this old midi-sounds ? :D They are really retro and would enthuse the freaks I guess !

3. Many chord changes doesn't make a jazz piece ! Today I played with my students "Footprints" of Wayne Shorter and except the bridge there are just 2 chords: CMi and FMi7 and this is one of the most beautiful jazz tunes of all time ! ;-)

Listen a lot to jazz music ... internalize the ternaire feeling ... listen to "Joe Zawinul's Syndicate" and like Joe Z. said in one of his last interviews:

"You have to live the music you play !"

There's nothing more to say ;-)

Peace
Drumity

drumity wrote:
ravasb wrote:because it does not have a lot of changes ...
And unfortunately it doesn't have a lot of Zawinul or Jazz in general !
But that's not my point !

1. Why you force someone to add ".mp3" to your file ? This will surely prevent the majority to download your track ! First I thought of a virus and did let my scanner check the file first !

2. Where did you dig out this old midi-sounds ? :D They are really retro and would enthuse the freaks I guess !

3. Many chord changes doesn't make a jazz piece ! Today I played with my students "Footprints" of Wayne Shorter and except the bridge there are just 2 chords: CMi and FMi7 and this is one of the most beautiful jazz tunes of all time ! ;-)

Listen a lot to jazz music ... internalize the ternaire feeling ... listen to "Joe Zawinul's Syndicate" and like Joe Z. said in one of his last interviews:

"You have to live the music you play !"

There's nothing more to say ;-)

Peace
Drumity
As I mentioned above, this is my first posting, so I apologize for not getting it right. Please explain the mp3 comment.

I did not use any midi-files. I wrote everything myself.

I didn't say this was a jazz piece. I said it is how I feel. What freaks are you talking about?

I thought it was a pretty good track. The cymbals are kinda bright and I wasn't crazy about the synth brass but as a whole I was digging it. I got an MP3 when I clicked on the link, so I don't know what tthe deal is. Perhaps it's like one of those coin op machines where some times you get a prize and some times you get a dumb joke :hihi: I kid, not well but I kid.

I'm not about to get into an argument about what is or is not jazz but this is definitely music and a piece of music I enjoyed, so thanks and cheers.

3am
Last edited by justin3am on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

3am,

Thank you so much for your comments. Putting things out in public is very new for me. I appreciate your kind and constructive approach.

Return to “Music Cafe”