Drone: synaptic shout over trackless waste

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I actually sat down tonight to work on some B3 based funk and ran into technical difficulties with my controller keyboard.

So I revisted an old ambient type piece I did a few months back. Normally I don't like to edit stuff that's older than a week or so, but this one called to me to return.

I probably ruined it. Had some fun with the transpose button on the lead sound.

Enjoy or destroy. Warning, there is some sub 50 Hz content in here.

rockstar_not - Ambishot 2.mp3

-Scott

Edit: Added 'drone' to the title, since there's much of it in here, and since I hadn't received one comment in 68 views!

I think I must have hit a KVR Music Cafe record: 176 views and nary a comment to be had.

Surely someone has something to say about this; constructive or destructive criticism.

C'mon, you are my only audience.

-Scott

nice ambient tune alright. I like the build-up midway; and then those lead lines at the end are pretty nice.
hope you get some more listens, this deserves it.

I was drifting along very nicely, smoking some green with red hairs (holiday buds) and then the melodic explosion! Just gorgeous! I think I'll have another listen.

Thanks,
3am

bluedad and justin,

Thanks for the listen and the comments.

If a song posted on the cafe receives no comments - does anybody hear it? Who would know?

-Scott

DAMN how could i have missed this!

the gliding synthlead at the end is sooooooooo cool

dreamy Pat Metheny like atmosphere

keeper!

well done... really enjoyable!

Lovely track. Just wish i could be chilled out enough to do a track like this. Reminded me of Pete Namlock's stuff. My only critisism is that the volumes of sounds vary too much as i reached for the volume knob a few times during the track.

Keep it up :wink:

jackrabbit wrote:Lovely track. Just wish i could be chilled out enough to do a track like this. Reminded me of Pete Namlock's stuff. My only critisism is that the volumes of sounds vary too much as i reached for the volume knob a few times during the track.

Keep it up :wink:
Can you give me a specific time location(s)? It's possible that it's some subwoofer frequency content that my system just doesn't reproduce well enough to know what's going on.

I'm thinking of doing a full album of stuff like this and I want to know what I'm missing.

-Scott

I thought this was a great piece. Thanks. Travels some nice interior topography.

Question - Should I bother to correct the lead stuff?

There are a couple timing and fat-fingered issues in there. I played it live and didn't correct any 'mistakes' at all. The octave jumps were accomplished via the octave transpose buttons on my Oxygen 49 controller.

Gotta love freeware - the only thing not freeware in this track is the host (Tracktion) and the low arp synth (Feldspar).

-Scott

'twas an enjoyable listen ...
i wouldn't make any 'corrections' , per se ...

i would consider a re-mix , w/ an eye on dynamics ...
some selective EQ , and volume matching would not be amiss ...

Very cool, glad I had the chance to hear this.

What an enjoyable listen.

Hi rockstar_not!
I was cruisin' through the Cafe, and thought I'd drop in and say "Hi" out in the public.

I had just downloaded this for a later listen a couple of hours ago, and it just finished playing.

I usually don't go for the ambient/drone stuff, but I enjoyed listening to this - a bit more tonal (or should I say less atonal) than a lot of the drone pieces I hear. I liked the squelchy lead randomly running about, the different sound textures (some of which reminded me of croaking frogs - cool!), and feeling the floor rumble under my feet.

I'd be interested in knowing what you used to get the sounds in this...

Nice job.
SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

rockstar_not wrote:Gotta love freeware - the only thing not freeware in this track is the host (Tracktion) and the low arp synth (Feldspar).
I 2nd the call for details...geeky stuff like what instruments and FX.

Listening w/cheap headphones right now...sounding very nice.

Nice flangy pad about half-way in...where's that coming from?

Main lead just came in...I don't mind the dynamic range so far. It reminds me of some old Jade Warrior stuff in that respect...unafraid to allow a mix to have some space and silence. The lead sounds nice and organic to me. I wouldn't quantize or correct it.

My only problem is that it needs to be about 3 times longer than this. I love the low arp. Sound very Tangerine Dream-ish. The lead sound is really nice. Where's that from?

Like I said...geeky details requested!

Return to “Music Cafe”