Someone really should play a solo over this cool live groove

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, it's not really live. But the drums were recorded live. So it kind of counts...

Nameless British Bluesy Bass and Drums

Classic groove, great percussion playing and sound, with excellent spacing of the instruments. That does leave tons of room for the piano, someone does need to put that piano in.

Enjoyable listen, hero :)

Best regards,

Spe3d

:O)

Great sounding drums ..(with the worst sounding bass ever) So, are they samples? Really played?
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

Yup, drums playing and recording is awesome. Bass playing is also very good for the style but its sound doesn't fit IMHO.
I'd like to play some licks but you know the situation John so I make no promises :shrug:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Spe3D wrote:Classic groove, great percussion playing and sound, with excellent spacing of the instruments. That does leave tons of room for the piano, someone does need to put that piano in.

Enjoyable listen, hero :)

Best regards,

Spe3d

Thanks Peter!

Manc Chris wrote:Great sounding drums .. So, are they samples? Really played?
This is actually a demo song for my 60's drum loop package.

I had a webserver crash problem about a year back, and lost a ton of stuff. :bang: (yes, I know, I know....I make daily backups these days).

Among the things lost were some great demos by members pw and Vonbrucken. :bang: :bang:

So now that I am finally updating and redesigning my site, I needed another demo. Hopefully this will lead to one of those cool international collabs like some previous demos have.
Manc Chris wrote:with the worst sounding bass ever
Gosh, I didn't think it was that bad. :oops:

That is a very simple picked bass instrument that I made about 2 years back for educational purposes. It does sound kind of screwed up, but I keep it around because it has really sharp attacks, which I use when layering sometimes.

zeoy wrote:Yup, drums playing and recording is awesome. Bass playing is also very good for the style but its sound doesn't fit IMHO.
I'd like to play some licks but you know the situation John so I make no promises :shrug:
If you can do some licks, I will go through the trouble of having my bass player mate learn the part (which is something I will probably be doing anyway). That would be great. Your guitar is always good to hear, old friend.

Thanks for listening, all!

herodotus wrote:
zeoy wrote:Yup, drums playing and recording is awesome. Bass playing is also very good for the style but its sound doesn't fit IMHO.
If you can do some licks, I will go through the trouble of having my bass player mate learn the part (which is something I will probably be doing anyway). That would be great. Your guitar is always good to hear, old friend.

Thanks for listening, all!
He doesn't have to learn anything new*. The parts are just fine and if I'll play something it'll be the same old bluesy stuff. It's the sound that it's too trebly/modern for the style. I think we need some kind of deep thumping bass tones ( a la James Jamerson) for this one. Just MHO of course :wink:

------------------
*Ooops, now I realize it's a sampled instrument :oops:
Can you upload a drums version only ... ?

My goodness, that is absolutely awesome guitar playing zeoy - wow! :):)

It all fits real nice as well imo.

Great music you guys, :band: :D

Best regards,

Spe3d

Awesome stuff Zeoy.

I will use this as my demo if you don't mind.

Thanks!

Very nice, as usual, zeoy! Hero, you didn't lose my demos...? I've got copies.

I downloaded this to have a play on it, but no need now :D
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

@Peter, John and Simon: glad you like it guys. My playing's still rusty but John's inspirational drumming saved the game.
BTW if you like my sound it's Studio Devil VGA clean channel. I love that ampsim.

@John: of course you can use it if you like it John :wink:

zeoy wrote:BTW if you like my sound it's Studio Devil VGA clean channel. I love that ampsim.
I'd love to buy that one day :love:

zeoy wrote: @John: of course you can use it if you like it John :wink:
Thanks much!
Watto wrote: Hero, you didn't lose my demos...? I've got copies.
I lost your jazz demo, but still have "The Sexties" and "Ere Ya".

What really broke my heart was losing Vonbruckens demo for this same sample set. I have already asked him and he, too, appears to have misplaced it.

Oh well, live and learn.

Hmmm, jazz one - I'll have a look, but I can't remember it :?

Cool playing ! well done

Cheers

Return to “Music Cafe”