[TC] Green Paradise

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tconrardy wrote:
TotcProductions wrote:Very nice Tim! Creative kitchen sampling!? Spill the beans, what'd you sample :lol: ?

:-) :-)

Well..its those metal swirlings you hear which were metal spoons against pan lids or wok bottoms or mixing bowls. There's good supply of unusual sounds in the kitchen..including the kitchen sink!

However..I just played this in the car..and I think the bass is too high..it really shakes the car :-) Sounds good on the Behringer Truth monitors though!

Tim
What kind of stereo in the car though?

That's beautifully creative sir. Definitely a kitchen put to good use. :D
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

tconrardy wrote:
Scoops wrote:Thats a keeper!

-Scps

Thanks Scoops.
so..I guess the mix is OK.

Tim
The mix is OK

Scoops
Bunch O Stuff

TotcProductions wrote:
tconrardy wrote:
TotcProductions wrote:Very nice Tim! Creative kitchen sampling!? Spill the beans, what'd you sample :lol: ?

:-) :-)

Well..its those metal swirlings you hear which were metal spoons against pan lids or wok bottoms or mixing bowls. There's good supply of unusual sounds in the kitchen..including the kitchen sink!

However..I just played this in the car..and I think the bass is too high..it really shakes the car :-) Sounds good on the Behringer Truth monitors though!

Tim
What kind of stereo in the car though?

That's beautifully creative sir. Definitely a kitchen put to good use. :D

It's just a run of the mill car stereo..nothing special like big woofers and all. It seems the bass was a bit much compared to when I put other commercial CD's on. I guess thats why you A/B them in your studio, and on other stereo systems, like a Car.

But yeah..you can try sampling all sorts of things in the kitchen, especially metal and glass sounds.

Tim

Yeah this stuff is right up my alley. Sweet.

Hi Tim,

Very Beautiful nice piece. Fluid and ethereal with lot of fairy sounds.

And yes the bass is way too loud for me too (that is not allways but you the volume difference beetween different notes is too noticeable )

This said as the bass is almost alone in its freq range I think you can work on the mixdown itself with a multiband comp. Cos Eqing in the 120/150 hz range will also weaken the bottom of percs.

But indeed, very oniric piece and I did like a lot all the percs and the "carribean" seq that ties all the song.

Gj :tu:

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:Hi Tim,

Very Beautiful nice piece. Fluid and ethereal with lot of fairy sounds.

And yes the bass is way too loud for me too (that is not allways but you the volume difference beetween different notes is too noticeable )

This said as the bass is almost alone in its freq range I think you can work on the mixdown itself with a multiband comp. Cos Eqing in the 120/150 hz range will also weaken the bottom of percs.

But indeed, very oniric piece and I did like a lot all the percs and the "carribean" seq that ties all the song.

Gj :tu:

LtZ
hey thanks for this feedbak..I think it's my 'real' bass playing as well, as I am not really a bass player..I just happen to be given a Fender music master bass which was gonna be given to good will. I got a setup for it, and it's good as new..I think it's cicla 1976 or so. I tend to be very dynamic with my playing which can be a PITA come mixdown time :-)

I'll try the multiband compressor trick. All I added was EQ.

Tim

Return to “Music Cafe”