March Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thank you for the reviews guys

i'm glad so many people liked my song :)

i enjoyed this month a lot

remmie

Thank you to have listened my piece.
Thank you also for the votes. Thank you. :hug:

Daniel

Thank you for the reviews and votes everyone! I enjoyed participating this month and I think, by far, we've seen the best entries to date this month (this despite no entries from Oddbod or Markleford :-( :-( ).
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

--- reviews - the rest (hope I did not forget anyone)

remco -

Nice dubbish on very well executed with lots of squirks and little ornaments. Very cool and well done.

beardedone -
Why are you not on ECM? And why do you so seldom play the guitar in your tracks, my friend? Great emotional guitarpiece fitting the title very well!

funxi -
This has absolutely a winter feel for me. Though it's somewhat hastily concerning the snow figural. Works well and is nice ambience with a hint of Kraftwerk.

knockman -

Sounds like a bizarre bluesman bewailing. A snapshot it is. Maybe therefore the fadout is the way. Not the strongest one from you though imho.

mellotronaut -
Wow, what a song, so compact with so many ideas managed so elegantly. Thumbs up! One of my faves for sure. How much time did it take to do this?
Compliments!

ixox -
Classical Ixox-Style and I like it. Was very surprised on the harsh ending, very funny! Does it end with an accident I suppose? So bycicling in Paris must be dangerous, which I believe as remember this town as such huge one.

Zombie Queen -
A funny idea of snow you give here. Like under a glass. I imagine to drive through the snow with a slow vehicle. Safe. To watch the beauty (of mongolian mountains).

sepheritoh -
Is Philipp Glass the father of Winter score music? No idea, just know that the arpeggiation works well here. The guitar reminiscents of Pink Floyd to me of course. Strange little last part!

:D
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Laguna Rising wrote: I really enjoyed your entry, that's a great composition and amazing performance ! 8)
Cheers and thanks, mate! :D
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

thomekk wrote:zeoy -
Perfect productiona. And so loop-stylish. Have to confess that I listened to the tracks on your website recently and liked the tunes there a lots
- more than this one to be honest!
wow. this made my day when I read it but forgot to reply earlier.
you know, spending time on KVR was like an engineering school for me so when I have the time I try to make my tunes sound good and I'm very glad when other people appreciate it. I'm also very happy you checked my other tunes and of course no problem you like them better than my current entry. I know this one ain't something special.

cheers

PS: news from the Mello-frontier: he can't enter KVR :shrug:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Echo Voodoo wrote:Ixox - On my bike (in Paris) through the seasons -> A jaunty, up-beat track, light but satisfying. Amusing ending, and I liked the bell sound effect also. Nice instrumentation, well-mixed, a very nice song that I much enjoyed.
Thanks... Yes... more up-beat than usual...
I was to lazzy to record the bell from my bycicle. I found this on on the web.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Max el Belga wrote:IXOX, I'm really glad with your chanson this month; that collab works fine and a great finish !
I'm not surprised you like this one more than what i usually do... :wink:
Better guitare, more rythm.... Thanks for the comment
Aziraphal wrote:Ixox / OnMyBikeThroughTheSeasons
Intriguing sounds from a smoky Montmartre tavern. That ending hurt!
Montmartre ? Well done... I moved 3 month ago from north montmartre to south montmartre.
Now i live 200 metters from the "Moulin Rouge"... I'l have to do a french cancan sometimes (The music not the dance.)

folderol wrote:Ixox - On my bike (in Paris) through the seasons
Pretty little tune, sounds very Parisian. Thanks for the translation. I guess we should send our comments to the hospital!
Thanks...
I'm back from the hospital.. I'm OK... my accident was not so serious... :wink:
tovokas wrote:Ixox
Voice recorded very nicely. Pleasant tune. Each instrument has it's own distinct sonic space. Like how the song grows as it goes along. Great ending!
Thanks... I'm glad you liked the mix.
Psy-T wrote:Ixox - On my bike (in Paris) through the seasons
nice song, liked the ending haha, unpredicatble. :p
The ending was an easy way to make the song stop at 2'00... :wink:
Thanks for the comment.
zeoy wrote: Ixox - On my bike (in Paris) through the seasons
Your songs seem like they're coming straight from the seventies. Very sweet.
Thanks.
From the seventies :-o ...
I'll have to add some vocal effects and some synths next month... i'll try to reach the eighties... :wink:

thomekk wrote:ixox -
Classical Ixox-Style and I like it. Was very surprised on the harsh ending, very funny! Does it end with an accident I suppose? So bycicling in Paris must be dangerous, which I believe as remember this town as such huge one.
Yes an accident...I've never had one since i started going to work by bike 2 years ago...
But the cars scares me.. I often have the feeling to be invisible.
Thanks Thomas for your comment.

Thanks again reviewers.... :D

Xavier

I am going to Beijing in 24 hours. I will be back halfway through next month. I will try and squeeze in an entry when I get back.

L. :wink:

problem seems to be solved ... 3 days without Kaviar is strange , almost as strange as 3 days without my sweetheart :-o :hihi: .

Thommi: a mello-huggi for your review!
Daniel: Very good idea! It should be possible to honour everybody and :oops: thank you very much for the extra-point! :D
A big mello thanks for the points to: Funxi, Dr.X, Oddbod (secret agent :o 8) ), Jonny, NikP 2000 and Daniel!

:hug:

m
"It dreamed itself along"

Haha ! Laura is going to help adj-Alex to wtite his Olympic Masterpiece.
Oh dear, at that age we drove with our bicycle to the coast; maybe because of those new flashy bikes one can travel further away... :roll:

Ixox, I imagined indeed that the extra rythmic touch of your friend added what was missing, IMhO. His sharp edges make a wonderful togetherness with your lyrical/floating way of doing music.
I hope you've learned your lesson : sell your bike and take the buss to your friend's place for the next song.
You have many qualities, but you suck on a bike ! 8) :lol: :hihi: :oops:

Zeoy : not being able to enter KvR might be a problem, but not getting out of it is a lot worse ! :-o :lol:

Daniel Pompougnac, I also played with the idea of giving everybody 1 point, but the little dosis of adrenaline caused by the contest concept is like pepper and salt in the kitchen. 8)

Cheers,

Max... .. . :P

PS : Tx for the votes, reviews, good company and Laura's father for his monthly generous donation ( :hihi: :oops: ).
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Max el Belga wrote: Zeoy : not being able to enter KvR might be a problem, but not getting out of it is a lot worse ! :-o :lol:

my sweetheart's words too ... :wink: :hihi: (they're both from Belgium :nutter: ).... :hihi:

LauraMichelJarre wrote:I am going to Beijing in 24 hours. I will be back halfway through next month. I will try and squeeze in an entry when I get back.

Have fun! I hope you make it back in time to squeeze out an entry... the contest won't be the same without it!
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

OK

It's only a short time before April Fools day....

Whats it gonna Be?

_Scps
Bunch O Stuff

knockman wrote:jolly good show all round :)
Robert Donut's unequivical voting system has cast the following:

3.9 votes

regards
Knockman's mellorulesfool's day's today:
you're a funny and clever fellow, Matt!
It's definitely not against the rules, though i think, we should modify them ... means: i have forgotten something ... :dog: :help: :ud: :troll: 8)

and a very happy thanks a lot to you and Xavier for the points! :D

m :-o

LauraMichelJarre wrote:I am going to Beijing in 24 hours. I will be back halfway through next month. I will try and squeeze in an entry when I get back.

Wow! Lucky girl.

Hope you have an excellent time.

Take pictures and make notes - we'll have questions when you return :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Return to “Music Cafe”