(Ambient/Hip-Hop) "Echoes, Dreams, and Lies" (1st tune)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

Here is a link to the tune I am currently working on: http://rapidshare.com/files/114514805/E ... s.mp3.html

This is the first WIP tune I have posted online. I played everything from scratch, no pre-done loops or samples from other songs. The beats were created in Reason and exported as loops to Live. I used Rez, Absynth, and Albino as the softsynths.

The MP3 was encoded in LAME at 220, which I find is the lowest setting that still sounds good.

Not sure if I'm going to add any more to this one or not.

Thoughts and comments would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I now have a musician's page on Myspace: www.myspace.com/casperfunkenasty

The tune plays automatically once the page loads.
Last edited by jedilaw on Tue May 13, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All instruments are artificial

Dont use rapid share plz.
stay juicy!

yea, rapidshare is icky. The tune:

Cool elements and ideas. I like the sorta 80's vibe. Cool beat too. Really long tho, I mean at 2 minutes I had my fill. Just personal. I like the little changes, cool beat 3min mark on.

Thanks for the feedback on the tune. I tried a more succint arrangement this morning, I think it's about 2:40. I've exported the audio from Live, but didn't have time to convert to MP3 and upload. It should be up tonight.

As for using Rapidshare, it was a last-ditch thing. I was trying to upload to my Myspace page, couldn't figure out how to add my own MP3 to the page (I use the site very infrequently). It was late, and Rapidshare was the first upload site that came to mind.

If Rapidshare is an issue, what is the preferred upload site?

Okay, I set up a new musician's site on Myspace:

www.myspace.com/casperfunkenasty

The tune plays automatically when the page loads.

Okay, I've rearranged the tune into a shorter version. It's down to about 2:21 now, instead of almost 6 minutes. It wasn't showing up on Myspace yesterday for some unknown technical reason, but I've gotten the page working again, and the player starts as soon as the page loads.

Would definitely appreciate comments and crits...

Return to “Music Cafe”