Gold and Jade - oriental

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gold and Jade

Oriental-flavored track.

This is very very good.

At first I thought 'This is quite nice' then at 0:50 my reaction was 'Wow' :-o

It seems we've not seen your work on here for a while. Obviously it was well worth the wait :tu:

Go on, in you go, right into that cosy 'keep' folder :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Hey folderol, glad you liked it man. Yeah I'm just getting back into regular writing after a long period of frustration/inactivity. Got another tune floating around here somewhere, but other than that it's been awhile.

Great melodies ! nice far-east flavored sounds and arrangements.
Very solid production. Cool track

Cheers

Very nice, Arglebargle. Huge and cinematic. The string work is gorgeous and well thought out. Would love to know what vsti/sound set was used for some of these sounds. Like the theme for an epic Eastern film (a la "Hero" - a fav of mine)

Fantastic track - love everything about it.

I definitely agree with folderol - in with the keeps :love:

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Jazzyspoon wrote:Would love to know what vsti/sound set was used for some of these sounds.
The orchestra stuff is QLSO Gold, the ethnic sounds are from Ra, and a couple of the percussion sounds are from Stormdrum. All put together in Sonar 6 producer edition.

SimplyWiggins wrote:Thank you Thank you Thank you
No, thank YOU! :oops:

Thanks dudes for listening.

Arglebargle wrote:
Jazzyspoon wrote:Would love to know what vsti/sound set was used for some of these sounds.
The orchestra stuff is QLSO Gold, the ethnic sounds are from Ra, and a couple of the percussion sounds are from Stormdrum. All put together in Sonar 6 producer edition.

SimplyWiggins wrote:Thank you Thank you Thank you
No, thank YOU! :oops:

Thanks dudes for listening.
Still loving this Mr/Ms Argle - sitting here with my partner showing her your piece - we both think it's fantastic - soooooooooo professional. You're wicked

SW :D

This is beautiful, such rich sounds and great composition. Big thumbs up, thanks for this gem.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

whoa. This is an oldie. :lol: Thanks for bumping this fellas. It's mr. Argle btw.

this brings back memories from when i first saw hero, too. lovely, very cinematic, and all around epic stuff.

Thanks iDumi. :)

Nice.. thanks...

:)

---------------------------------------------
support @ greerdesign.net
support @ GSDIZ.COM

Swoosh. Nice shot, dude!

Arglebargle wrote:Gold and Jade

Oriental-flavored track.
Just stumbled across this song of yours. I like its "chinese" and "indonesian gamelan" feel a lot. It's extremely nice to listen to, kind of like a soundtrack without the often found blandness.

If I have to be critical, then I would make a point concerning the drums. They should have a little bit a life of their own. It's only towards the end that they seem to breathe, to come to life. The basic rhytm is fine as such, it just needs a bit of accentuation here and there.

But whatever, it was a real pleasure listening to Gold and Jade. :)
If you listen hard enough, you can still hear the silence.

Return to “Music Cafe”