The Unbearable Weight of Assembly - ouroboros

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

s4w2th wrote:On my second listen through... oddly soothing feels like home. Like your sense of rythm and use of space. The timbres are nice. Lots of good definition. I could dance in slow motion to this.
thanks for the thoughts s4w2th, I appreciate the listen and particulars -though I would never ask you to dance in slow motion without any money involved.
runagate wrote:a bunch o' stuff..
yeah, I'd like a direct link place, but box.net is free and easy. Plus, I figure the extra click makes people want it more. One day, when I'm phenomenally wealthy I'm gonna buy me a website and it's gonna have all the bells and whistles: flash, java, video and a little slot machine that when it comes up 0's, you win a prize. I'm trying to make some more music this summer, -actually have a kooky one in the pipeline. I feel like I've made some steps in mixing and figured out a few creative tricks tricks. Thanks for the encouragement; I don't know how you manage to be so prolific and creative and not fry at the same time!
..what goes around comes around..

I have only just begun to be serious about ouputting what's in my noggin'
been waiting sooooooo long :)

I would dearly enjoy trapping you in a room with an espresso machine and getting you excited about making music for one straight month!

I dig it! Nice job.

ouroboros wrote:
adj wrote:Thought provoking and interesting as usual and if it had a deeper bass and a bit heavier percussion system happening it'd be right up my industrial alley and I'd be singing a certain set of lyrics I have to it! ;)

As it is, I am enjoying it along side a TTC lecture by Prof. Grim on 'Artificial Intelligence and Consciousness'.

Well done :)

Cheers
Alex
thanks Alex, I appreciate the kind words. I fought with this thing for a long time about putting a bassline in, but just couldn't make it fit. I would love any suggestions! It sounds as if it could still be worth trying. :) I am also curious about the lyrics and googling prof. Grimm!
I am serious -- Now that I've finished my entry for this month's contest, I think I might take it into my host and see what I can do by adding a preview of the lyrics I mentioned.

BTW -- here you go:

Prof Patrick Grim

I love this guy!

Cheers,
Alex 8)

just had a listen, really nice stuff ouroboros. Thanks for sharing!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

bump for the rare tail-biter track, a rather non-standard songform for our intellectual brethren no? Check it out!

for my taste the lead synth and the string like synth are both a bit cheesy and cliche. maybe its the reverb or something. also the lead synth could vary the melody a bit more.

i really like the chopped up beat, its great.

Sunshine with a melancholy glow. Lovin the beatswerk in this. Could have used a bassline or sub early on to round out the sonic spectrum a little, but a really enjoyable listen and ear candy on my monitors. Nice touch with the strings.
Thanks for sharing with us! :)

@ adj: Thanks! great find.
core wrote:just had a listen, really nice stuff ouroboros. Thanks for sharing!
thanks for listening and the nice words, core:)
twitterytom wrote:for my taste the lead synth and the string like synth are both a bit cheesy and cliche. maybe its the reverb or something. also the lead synth could vary the melody a bit more.
i really like the chopped up beat, its great.
thanks for the input, tt. I was going for cheesy, though I do think about adding more melody.
Jazzyspoon wrote:Sunshine with a melancholy glow. Lovin the beatswerk in this. Could have used a bassline or sub early on to round out the sonic spectrum a little, but a really enjoyable listen and ear candy on my monitors. Nice touch with the strings.
Thanks for sharing with us! :)
:) I am greatly pleased, Jazzyspoon. A sub at the beginning is a good idea- it would make it manageable not running all the way through, just episodically. In general, I think I don't fill up the bottom end enough.
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:
s4w2th wrote:On my second listen through... oddly soothing feels like home. Like your sense of rythm and use of space. The timbres are nice. Lots of good definition. I could dance in slow motion to this.
thanks for the thoughts s4w2th, I appreciate the listen and particulars -though I would never ask you to dance in slow motion without any money involved.
Unless your a drunk 70 year old woman, I'd doubt you'd pay to see that.
Stay in the glow.
Feed the glow.

Return to “Music Cafe”