Polyslax - Smear

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And we have a polyslax double whammy this week.. nice :D :D :D
Clearly your Yin and Yang were having a ball inside your brain, and.. this is the result! We have two distinct tracks from your two current musical paths (that I know of)
Love them both...
Smear has the glitch and noisy perc that I can't get enough of. With enough material to keep us interested for 9min!
P2P brings the Ry Cooder-ish Matt, but with a twist :)

Great work, as always!

Smear: The glitchy beat is very nice. The background sounds are subtle yet extremely interesting. An interesting mix where the background somehow dominates the rhythm in the first section even though the beat is much louder. :)
The second section again is enjoyable and is surprising yet consistent. Great guitar. The last section is a great finish.

Point to Point. The backward 'guitar' fits the funky guitar in an interesting way. The second section was also interesting, what do you think of a key change near the end?

Thanks for sharing.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I enjoyed both of these, but if I had to choose, Smear's the one for me. Any bird or animal sounds in there, or just sounds my brain turned into animals and birds? Whatever they are, I like them. Thanks, polyslax.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks everyone... glad to have your feedback! :)

Allomerus - yes, def could see a key change there, but tbh I likely won't get back to that track. It was really more a fun experiment to see what I could jam off that single riff.

DHM - no animals or birds involved I'm afraid. It's interesting how the brain interprets some sounds... low volume, reverb and heavy pitch-shifting are the culprits here methinks.
Image Image

..."smear " I like, really strange and innovative and somehow cleaning my brain in a good way. made me sing along "buddy you're a boy make a big noise pülaying in the street gonna be a big man someday..." . ok. I know it's another song, but it just came to my mind... :hihi:

greetings

wolf

Smear, particularly the first four minutes. and I like the foreground material in the back of the mix, as has been mentioned. I like the cross-rhythm starting after four minutes. 9:48 exceeds my expiration date considerable tho

Thank you Wolf + Jan!

That's gotta be the first time Queen has been referenced for one of my tracks. :)

Damnit Jan! One day I'll make a track you're completely satisfied with. ;) I know, it's crazy long... I often have difficulty paring things down, but I'm working on it.
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”