March Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm out of it this month - zero musical inspiration (of any kind) lately, and this isn't really my thing anyway. However I'll try and slot in a few thoughts from time to time.

ClaRago - Flunky
Right from the start this held my interest. I think you've managed to cram in everything except the kitchen sink, but it never gets confused or mushy. I really like that intro!

nickp2000 - black licorice
A more traditional bit of funk (if there is such a thing). Good solid driving beat. Nice range of sounds. Like that brass lead section.

kryptonaut - A Little Bit of Funk
Like the intro build up. Hey, what's this I can hear every word :o I think the middle instrumental loses a bit of drive.

Laguna Rising - Dirty Fun
Straight in with a bang. I don't know what that instrument sound is but it sure is effective. Somehow I thought you'd do well with this theme. You didn't disappoint! Nice little quirk at the end.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

@Folderol ,hopefully inspiration wiil return soon. Very kind of you to take the time to comment.

D.H. Miltz wrote:I haven't started yet. The wisdom tooth that was going to come out in November finally got extracted last Thursday . . . I'll submit something anyway.
feel better, Dan
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Thanks, Mister Natural. Except for some mild jaw pain (TMJD) I'm feeling pretty much back to normal. (And I figured out/came up with the gist of my entry today.)
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Thanks, Mister Natural. Except for some mild jaw pain (TMJD) I'm feeling pretty much back to normal. (And I figured out/came up with the gist of my entry today.)
good stuff, though i'm thinking that the pain would have been making you feel all kinds of funkay !!

my choon's coming along....finding it hard not to quantize :cry:

vurt wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:20 Jazz Funk Greats is a legit reference point, yeah?
its where im taking notes from.

that's what i was thinkin' too~
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

folderol wrote:Laguna Rising - Dirty Fun
Straight in with a bang. I don't know what that instrument sound is but it sure is effective. Somehow I thought you'd do well with this theme. You didn't disappoint! Nice little quirk at the end.
Thanks so much for these reviews. I tried my best to do a decent mix, but after about 8-10 versions in a couple of days I had to stop and move on with something else... :hihi:
Edit.:
(I think the lead instrument you refer to is a doubled minimogueVa. I like to layer slightly different sound to fatten it up)

Dan we wish you well !

Cheers

folderol wrote:kryptonaut - A Little Bit of Funk
Like the intro build up. Hey, what's this I can hear every word :o I think the middle instrumental loses a bit of drive.
Thanks for the review folderol, glad to hear the words are intelligible!

Thanks, Laguna Rising.
No longer a moderator.

Nice track Doc Jon!

There is an extraneous '#' character in the link to your soundcloud page, might be worth correcting if the rules permit it.

Damn, just found out I have to travel for a week so the only way I'll be able to submit will be if I can cook something up on my ipad... was really hoping to use my telecaster and wah-wah pedal for this one. :(
Look forward to listening to the submissions!

kryptonaut wrote:Nice track Doc Jon!

There is an extraneous '#' character in the link to your soundcloud page, might be worth correcting if the rules permit it.
Fixed.
No longer a moderator.

Listen to what Doc Jon has done. It's FUNKAAAYYY!!, good gawd!!!! :-o :D

^^^ I totally agree.. love that track. He is on a roll, won the last month OSC. This is a winner too. Good luck Doc. Listened to other tracks as well, good job so far.

@Dan: hope you feel better.
@evo2slo: Gonna miss your track also the amazing track picture that you come up with every time.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Return to “Music Cafe”