Gnossienne 1 in HD [youtube]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

in a not even hardly reverent adaptation. 'he's rolling over in his grave' type thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGdKS769 ... 9D&index=2

pretty sure if you heard it before it was in a more degraded state than this, which sounds pretty good.

Good to hear this one again. I think this was one of the first jancivil pieces I heard in the Music Cafe. I like the rhythm section on here and the substitution of guitar for piano works very well.

Good work :)

t.y

Mike Beck on rhythm guitar, which is actually pretty integral to the whole effect.

Interesting vidjo… the, umm, rockets… ;)

Luvin that lead axe as always.
Image Image

pretty blatant

I went with the torpedoes and rockets following the orgasmic vocal track (a recording I ripped off of youtube called 'me playin with myself' which I want to give credit to but she was banned like right after that). It's basically a reference to The Torture Never Stops 'recreational activities' (and submarines a literal visualization of the pun 'Sub Mission') But beyond any text I think she was incredibly musical in that performance.

My friend was over one day to get me to maintain her computer which involved paying me with weed so we toked up and I put this thing on. She started looking at me funny, 'There is a lot of sexual energy here'.

thanks for the props

Fantastic interpretation, but then I love anything with great guitar! :)
Delightfully perverse! :tu:
Reggae feel is tops...
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thank you.

I don't think I had ever heard this one either, but it struck me in a big way when I started looking for things to cover (in order to find some fresh perspectives).
This big #4 on the beat. It's the harmonic minor of C but the tonic is F. C Eb D C B. I lived closely with it for a couple of days, made the MIDI straight time and did a quick scratch track (I knew absolutely this was going to be reggaeified. This whole alternating bass and chord just suggests that. For a bit it meant stride piano in Maniere.) and by this time I was rearing to go and got the guitar in a couple of takes, one for each section. I forgot to even state the whole tune in the second section but it seemed complete.

I felt this strong middle eastern vibe...

check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMRoGMBB ... Q&index=30

Now that is just too cool. The rhythmic components coupled with the violin work very well, giving the piece added drama although the music itself is relatively relaxed, if that makes any sense at all.

I was really wowed by this. I have experienced several 'reworkings' but this is that Arabic vibe I heard in it.
I may do another more relaxed version, I always wanted to. But I'm in danger of being too influenced.

He likes that sharp 4 big time too, he goes back to it after it resolves, a lot.

I'm doing Revolve Three today, it's so phat it's obese

wrong thread :oops:

Return to “Music Cafe”