Post your silly shit you wouldn't otherwise post.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

annode wrote:
Comes up the same song for each at my end.
You must be doing something wrong, I just checked the links they are definitely two different songs. Listen or don't makes no difference to me. It's a wiggly world. :clown:

jancivil wrote:Evidently people are caring less and less about the Music Cafe, which is probably a product of overpopulation.
:lol: Overpopulation isn´t really the reason.
But nice try ;-)

(( D ))

My friends/bandmates and I made this song intending for it to be just a joke. More people than we expected thought it was funny so I guess it's ok.

http://soundcloud.com/eat-crepes/m3chanical-mniacal

drumity wrote:
jancivil wrote:Evidently people are caring less and less about the Music Cafe, which is probably a product of overpopulation.
But nice try ;-)

(( D ))
Oh, but it is one reason...in the sense that there's just one subforum for everything, and there happen bursts of posted tunes crowding the place and pushing each other down.
There's overpopulation relative to the way things are on display here, and quickly vanish into the nether realms of page 2+, if you get my drift.

Idk what to do about it, genre subforums would probably be a bad idea.

I know you wanna say that the music sucks and that's why the forum is going bad....that's fine, but not exactly helpful either...

Made a bossa song one day cause i was bored. It's not the kind of song that i usually write, but it was fun to sequence. Didn't even mix it.

https://soundcloud.com/el_camido/bosan-nova
musisikamar.com

nasenmann wrote:
drumity wrote:
But nice try ;-)

(( D ))
Oh, but it is one reason...in the sense that there's just one subforum for everything, and there happen bursts of posted tunes crowding the place and pushing each other down.
There's overpopulation relative to the way things are on display here, and quickly vanish into the nether realms of page 2+, if you get my drift.

I know you wanna say that the music sucks and that's why the forum is going bad....that's fine, but not exactly helpful either...
Things quickly drift off into oblivion because of the overpopulation. If you look at the number of views, it's shockingly low these days (eg., for things one would expect a higher view count historically). It is what it is, though, it's like this all over KVR, trivia rules ok. So the threads that do more become kind of concentrated. Like this one.

jancivil wrote:
nasenmann wrote:
drumity wrote:
But nice try ;-)

(( D ))

Things quickly drift off into oblivion because of the overpopulation. If you look at the number of views, it's shockingly low these days (eg., for things one would expect a higher view count historically). It is what it is, though, it's like this all over KVR, trivia rules ok. So the threads that do more become kind of concentrated. Like this one.
I tend to rely on my Soundcloud feed to keep up with Music Cafe tracks these days. I'll then sift through the Music Cafe to find the track in question and leave a comment. Well known KVR regulars adrift on the third+ page with no comments a lot of the time. If a Cafe track is by a newer member (say, less than 200 posts), I'll check their post history to see if they engage with other peoples' stuff before commenting. It's not uncommon to see people whose entire posting history has just been putting dropping their own tracks in the Cafe.

It'd be nice if the Cafe carried a disclaimer reminding people that other musicians are the sole worst group of people to whom you can promote your music. You're offering a "free" download of your track? No comment.

cron wrote: If a Cafe track is by a newer member (say, less than 200 posts), I'll check their post history to see if they engage with other peoples' stuff before commenting. It's not uncommon to see people whose entire posting history has just been putting dropping their own tracks in the Cafe.
Yeah, that's been a trend for a little while. I don't comment much today but it's only common sense that to get any traction you have to reciprocate and honestly pay your dues a little. At least become 'familiar' in some way on the boards.
cron wrote: It'd be nice if the Cafe carried a disclaimer reminding people that other musicians are the sole worst group of people to whom you can promote your music. You're offering a "free" download of your track? No comment.
:hihi:

Think the threads produced more spam debate than actual spam tracks.

...if people download my crap please pass them the toilet roll... ;)

nasenmann wrote:Oh, but it is one reason...
Sry, but the reason why people don´t comment on threads isn´t overpopulation. That´s a strange thought and I don´t get it honestly.
If fewer and fewer people are clicking on a topic, than not because of overpopulation, but because of the overkill of information AND
more important that people care less and less about others.
That´s a sociological problem not a population issue.
The so called "Social medias" (which are unsocial medias if you´re looking closer into it) are doing the rest.
But the problem is more complex than most of the people are thinking ... one observation as a professional musician is the increasing absence of appreciation of musical skills.
That´s terrifying ...
nasenmann wrote:I know you wanna say that the music sucks and that's why the forum is going bad....that's fine, but not exactly helpful either...
That´s not what I said. Generalization isn´t helpful either !

(( D ))
Last edited by drumity on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MFXxx wrote:...if people download my crap please pass them the toilet roll... ;)
Self-mockery is a goodness ;-)

(( D ))

drumity wrote:
MFXxx wrote:...if people download my crap please pass them the toilet roll... ;)
Self-mockery is a goodness ;-)

(( D ))
It all good, life too effing short and hard not to have a good sense of humour and humility :help:

Interesting point on the songs' post. Had about 8-10 repost from spoof soundcloud accounts that no longer exist. Guessing SC has a spam issue, maybe, or something else!

There's some great musical ideas posted throughout this thread (apart from my own hehe!), and I wouldn't label these as shit but that's just me... It gave me some enjoyment, and I kinda feel that people generally should embrace more of the mediocre moments of being creative. Not saying we should strive for mediocrity at all, but you need to produce some garbage before you come up with the goods, one person's trash is another person's treasure etc.. It's good to take a step back and not take everything so seriously all the time.

You folks raise some other interesting points to consider with social media, sharing music and thoughts online, which I find is turning me off more and more.
A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - FZ

drumity wrote:If fewer and fewer people are clicking on a topic, than not because of overpopulation, but because of the overkill of information.
that's not different than what I mean by the word 'overpopulation', there are clearly more posts, more posts means more people posted. I am not saying there are too many people here at KVR in general. It's not just to do with comments, it's less clicks, and it's top-posting and things relegated to pg2 in no time at all. There are so many more new posts here than anywhere I have showing in my version of KVR.

Teezdalien wrote:There's some great musical ideas posted throughout this thread (apart from my own hehe!), and I wouldn't label these as shit but that's just me... It gave me some enjoyment, and I kinda feel that people generally should embrace more of the mediocre moments of being creative. Not saying we should strive for mediocrity at all, but you need to produce some garbage before you come up with the goods, one person's trash is another person's treasure etc.. It's good to take a step back and not take everything so seriously all the time.

You folks raise some other interesting points to consider with social media, sharing music and thoughts online, which I find is turning me off more and more.
Me too.
I quit even checking for quite a while here.

I'm glad for this thread for all of these reasons. I wish my other refuse was funnier but that's what I have, that like the OP said, I worked on for a while to no real use (a rut is where I wound up) and sounds retarded in a specific way I think.

Return to “Music Cafe”