New music video: Eat Crepes - Technophobic Ghost Boy

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My band (well, the band that I'm in anyway. Does it count as narcissistic to say it's "mine?") has released a new music video! It's off of our upcoming EP set to be released in December. It's called "Technophobic Ghost Boy" and as such we released it for Halloween. New-wave synths with a dash of suspicion and acoustic instrumentation. We would love if you gave it a listen and shared your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2haOlgF ... NgwG6ul8wQ
Last edited by nineofkings on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fantastic song!! Possibly the best Eat Crepes track yet. The songwriting, singing, and production are all excellent. Quite an addictive tune. :wheee:

I can't make out all of the lyrics. The parts I can decipher seem abstract. Not bad, just not sure what it's about.

I like the ambitious video. Sort of a mini movie. You guys seem to be ghost hunting but I did find some of it puzzling. I'm not sure what was going on with the VHS tapes, extensive note taking, and pencil moustaches. Perhaps a take off of a movie?

By the way,the video has what IMDB would call a "goof." You are filming using a modern digital camera yet somehow are producing VHS tapes. The old clunky camcorders that recorded onto VHS were much bigger than the camera you used.

Thank you! I'm glad the song is compelling, although our singer says "We never recorded in the video with any camera of any sort. It's a flash apparatus, relative to something like an EVP recorder..."

Still love the song. :love:

A flash for an EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) recorder? Sure, that explains everything. :help:

Great song nineofkings. The chorus has a top singalong quality...
You have done well with the video too!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thank you! I was actually not very involved with the video, and neither was our uke player/female vocalist, besides submitting the "found footage." It's a drawback of working mostly remotely besides small stints for recording, but I'm glad the final product works.

cool track, wasn't expected it to be this upbeat for a "halloween release" haha. like someone else mentioned around 0:40 in it's hard to make out what the artist is saying, the re occurs at around 0:48-1:00 however right after that the vocals (what appears to be the chorus) are extremely clear and well done. At 2:12 (i believe its the same singer), it's kinda hard to make out what he's saying. In my personal opinion he's attempting to hold a note that might be out of his realm. Melodyne might solve this extremely quickly. This had an overall fun vibe to it and something that i could listen to more of. Nice work. Cool video too.

I know you checked out my thread but for those who haven't, here's the link to my thread.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=423709

Thanks for your comments. I didn't realize lyrical intelligibility was an issue. I'll keep it in mind as we record the rest of the EP.

Frantz wrote:The songwriting, singing, and production are all excellent.
Yep. Very well done. I enjoyed it. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

No need to thank me, thank you for your feedback.

I like this dude, I think the only thing holding this track back are the harmonies though

VALI wrote:I like this dude, I think the only thing holding this track back are the harmonies though
How so?

Return to “Music Cafe”