Fragile Gods - "The Digital Divide" (music video added Jan 18)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ridan wrote:Don't have any critiques to mention for this track. Love the feel, and monotonous vibe. It's a refreshing change from the "in your face" electronic music I hear just walking down the street.
Thanks. Yes, it is kind of different from modern EDM. Glad you liked it. 8)

Nice. Everything sounds good (the low end especially; I think I've remarked on that in another of your songs; you have a knack for getting that just right). I enjoyed it. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Good track, I also def got a bit of a Depeche Mode vibe. I liked the vocals, they were interesting :)

D.H. Miltz wrote:Nice. Everything sounds good (the low end especially; I think I've remarked on that in another of your songs; you have a knack for getting that just right). I enjoyed it. Thanks.
Thanks D.H. for rescuing the track from oblivion. Using Monark for bass does fill out the low end nicely. Glad you enjoyed it.

Entropy Audio wrote:Good track, I also def got a bit of a Depeche Mode vibe. I liked the vocals, they were interesting :)
Thanks for the feedback and welcome to KVR! I wasn't thinking of the Mode when I made this track but I understand the comparison.

Glad the vox worked for you. My vocals seem to be an acquired taste. :)

Frantz wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:Actually I had the sense of early Depeche Mode vibe as well. I'll have to give it a better listen from a proper device later. :-)

Was there an effect on your voice, like subtle ring modulation maybe?
Thanks for checking this out. There are a lot of effects on my voice. On this song, the vocals first went through a hardware Drawmer TubeStation TS1. Then inside the DAW, Fab Filter DS -> Studio Devil VTP -> The Glue -> The Drop -> EQuick -> Lexicon Reverb. This is probably overkill but I keep piling on effects until I think it sounds decent. I especially like how The Drop can be used on vocals to color the sound.
i'm giving it another listen right now on the "studio" speakers... It's really neat to me how very much your music or your music's sound has a sense of its own identity.

Thanks for the description of your vocal processing on this. i'm not usually a fan of minimal singing (your instrumentation and structure is what keeps me coming back), but i am getting familiar with your vocal style and it's grown on me. i really like the attitude of it (sort of serious AND tongue in cheek, if that makes any sense - like you're being harsh and bitter, but from an amusingly detached perspective). :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: i'm not usually a fan of minimal singing (your instrumentation and structure is what keeps me coming back), but i am getting familiar with your vocal style and it's grown on me. i really like the attitude of it (sort of serious AND tongue in cheek, if that makes any sense - like you're being harsh and bitter, but from an amusingly detached perspective). :-)
You've grokked the essence of it - harsh from an amusingly detached perspective.

I am trying to improve the vocals on the next one. I am discovering that I can sometimes sing in tune for a second or two which could help a bit. :clown:

Thanks for the insightful comments!

Here's my first music video. I was going for a retro sci-fi, trapped inside the computer theme. A bit strange but I think it fits the subject matter of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgOA_skaroA

I enjoyed the song, and the first half of the vid, but then it seemed to get a bit creepy.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

i'm impressed to hell, Frantz. You are a Media master. its cool to put a face on the voice too. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Great job with the video Franz. Lots of top effects, especially like your use of grids. A compelling watch for your great music! Well done. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

layzer wrote:its cool to put a face on the voice too. :tu:
He used to be a nice boy. He used to cut the grass.

Great video. It's a good fit for the mood and style of music.

Good work :)

folderol wrote:I enjoyed the song, and the first half of the vid, but then it seemed to get a bit creepy.
The song is about someone who transferred his consciousness into a computer before he died and isn't exactly thrilled with how things turned out. So the video is supposed to be dark and weird. Thanks for watching and commenting even if it wasn't your cup of tea.

Neat! I like the song, and most of the video. There's a part in the middle with a lengthy instrumental for which I felt the video element lagged in terms of its energy. But otherwise, the dark and weird really worked for me!

layzer wrote:i'm impressed to hell, Frantz. You are a Media master. its cool to put a face on the voice too. :tu:
Thanks layzer! It took me a few weeks to learn how to create a video and figure out how to do those effects. I also spent a lot of time doing intricate cuts of public domain footage. It was a fun and interesting change from doing music.

Yep, that's my face. Unfortunately, I couldn't find an effect to draw hair on my head. :D

Glad you enjoyed it. 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”