Dark ambient for winter

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While this track may be a little old, I think it's still weather appropriate.
This was my first recording using Absynth. Wasn't nearly as familiar with it then as am I am now.
Also used was Sonik Synth 2, and Cubase.

There started out being some unwanted artifacts in the mix that I decided to turn up and use as background textures. Still unsure if that was the best decision though.

https://soundcloud.com/bcaudio/coma-cen ... -tree-2012

Great job with the wintry atmosphere. There are no unwanted artefacts as far as this listener is concerned. Great progression in terms of sounds and storyline. Quite an appropriate piece,really. We had a dead yew tree stump (about 10 feet tall) in our garden. Earlier today it finally collapsed.

Good work :)

I like the music. It is more active and interesting than typical ambient tracks.

There is a loud hiss throughout, sometimes like frying bacon, that I'm not fond of. Not sure if this is the artifact you are referring to.

Nice and wintry, very much appropriate for my view out my window... bleak, just near the end of its cycle... Lovely loneliness in this piece, don't know why I like that so much.

I wouldn't call it "dark ambient". Could make really good cinematic / game soundtrack.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Thanks a lot for listening guys!

@Frantz - Yes. The frying bacon type sound was the artifact. The black sheep of the mix, if you will. =)

Like a winter wind. Muchly enjoyed.

Victor.

Nice relaxing song Ridan, nice the noisy textures at the end.

This song fits perfectly well on a cold winter day, i love it!

Cheers.

Hey. Thanks a lot ZenSound!

Nice flow in it, great mood setter! congrats

Winter, it's getting to be spring now aint it?

Many thanks, pzi!

@Numanoid - Winter still has a few last minute errands to run. ;)

This song got me on knees. After long time, I finally heard a song which really fitted its title. Everything in the song was amazing and reminded me of winter. I wouldn't call it ambient either, it evoked rather sad emotions in me. I hope this song gets more and more audience for it is MASTERPIECE and beats every single ambient tune I have ever heard. Great work!

Fabulous track Ridan! Lush textures and sounds put together expertly!
Love the crackling sounds...
It's getting me ready for the coming winter...
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Impressive track. Not so ambient, it is more 'real music' but with a cinematic approach....I really enjoyed it :)
I am musically schizophrenic

Return to “Music Cafe”