Two "epic film" scores (movie/game soundtracks)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I have made two new "epic" (lack of better word for the genre) soundtracks, intended for gaming or film. (although no particular game or film is in mind).

I would like to know what you think can be improved, and what you think is good (and I should continue with) and your overall thoughts of these two pieces:

No. 1

https://soundcloud.com/user5999551/epic ... usic-china

No. 2

https://soundcloud.com/user5999551/epic-dream

(this latter one is based off the oldest written melody in Denmark, "drømte mig en drøm i nat" from the 14th century, now made more into a film score.

Hope you like it, and I am looking forward to constructive criticism, as this is the only way I can improve on my works.

Good stuff in general, and nicely produced. I do feel as though the plucked string instrument in the eastern track is a bit repetitive, and I'd like to hear it varied a bit more over the course of the track (to my ears, anyhow).

Nice job on the choral stuff on the second track, and very effective use of the bell. The drums seem to me to be a bit heavier than necessary in the second half of that track.

But like I said, very nicely done in general.

that was nicely done, man. enjoyed the listen. :phones:
besides the drumhits which were indeed too loud.
which choir-library did you use in the second tune? sounded good.

sylewise I would rather associate medieval influences.

thanks for the post!

Agree with what was already said.
About the epic dream, i think you can easily rework your drums, they don't need a lot of work.
Sometimes, a bit lighter and more variations give more power. You know, the "less is more" stuff.
IMHO, a longer build up is more appropriate for an epic track.
But good work in general. :tu:

Thank you very much for your comments. They are very useful to me.

Return to “Music Cafe”