in relation with current events in Burkina Faso

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks nere a track in where i'm involved as arranger for a native musician (mainly as Djembefola , a Djembe player) called Sibiri Ouattara

The song is directly related to current events in Burkina Faso :

https://soundcloud.com/perbuatan1883/president

The pitch/rate processing sounds awful.
What`s up with the shape of that SC graphic? :)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:The pitch/rate processing sounds awful.
well...at my level, this has been produced almost on the fly on a preceeding, rough arrangement, but what you're pointing at i don't get it really...

:?

Krakatau wrote:
annode wrote:The pitch/rate processing sounds awful.
well...at my level, this has been produced almost on the fly on a preceeding, rough arrangement, but what you're pointing at i don't get it really...

:?
Ignore what I said about the SC graphic...that was something with SC I think, it has corrected itself.
The sound is another matter. Although I like how some of the song sounds very much, the vocal 'autotune'(effect) is not pleasant to me.The bass also sounds odd, like a fast stuttering as if a bad re-sample from 48khz to 44.1khz...that sort of sound. I`m on PC speakers now, so it``s hard to determine what i`m really hearing.
The music sounds good though...just those processing sounds that seem to muck it all up.

EDIT - Listening on proper hi-fi speakers now, and the bass is more understandable and sounds really cool!
The vocal does need proper EQing.
Are you using the echo delay effect on your djembe? Sounds great! What is it, a Memoryman or an Echoplex like effect? Probably just a guitar delay kickbox. :)
Good song and good performances.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Return to “Music Cafe”