My Fourth Track..

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

random thoughts ...

- very clean production / mix

- interesting idea floating in and out with the 'lead' central in the stereo field and the percussion panning around it

- im with krim on the snare sound ... a bit too 'polite' (and high-pitched ??? )

- the open hat / ride is a bit insistent for me

- the track evolves well with some cool little variations in there

overall ... a thumbs UP from the fenland jury

slainte :) rob

:-o a comment from teach
stop the presses :lol:

Blimey, I've arrived :lol:

Thanks guys, all feedback duly noted and I shall have a tinker today (weather dependant!).

It's funny that you guys mention the snare - whilst writing this track I used a diff snare but changed it at the last minute - tbh snares are something I struggle with in general - I can never seem to find one I'm totally happy with but maybe that's what happens after 500 listens to your 'work in progress'!

I don't want to add any ghost snares, as you point out, I wanted the ploddy break feel.

I shall do a rework on this fella today, and possibly try the reverb thing as well.

Some v cool beatz in there 8)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Hi CypherOne,

I tried a little guitar on your track, could maybe be better, with a bit more time.

It makes the whole track a bit rougher, I think. don´t know if you like it, but I found it suitable.

Any feedback is welcome.

Cypherone+Guitar

If early orbital and astral projection ever decided to collaborate, i imagine this is what it would sound like.
Very nice, i LOVE breaks too :)

- I loved the bassline, just my kinda thing.
- Nice FX work, maybe some delay on some of them to stretch them out a lil could be benificial, but its up to you i guess, hehe.
- Drums are nice and clean, i actually like this snare altho some verb could maybe work.
- Ambience, more stuff happening in the background (just dont ask me what :P) could lift the track alot me thinks.

I would very much like to hear this track when you yourself consider it finished.
You definately have talent, so keep it up!

didn't like the snare either

very well produced

can't help feeling a really cold breath

nice tune

lol! that snare...well I had a fart around with this at the weekend, but for now the snare is staying...

I will hopefully continue to fine tune this thru the week (imminent baby permitting). I've tweaked the acid line so it evolves a bit, I plan to add some extra fx or summat in the background. Oh and I've brought the djembe loop up a bit as well.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys....

rsmus7 wrote:Hi CypherOne,

I tried a little guitar on your track, could maybe be better, with a bit more time.

It makes the whole track a bit rougher, I think. don´t know if you like it, but I found it suitable.

Any feedback is welcome.

Cypherone+Guitar
Hmm, I appreciate you taking the time to do this, but it didn't seem to work for me, sorry! If you want to have another crack pm me and I'll send you some samples from the track (if that helps).

Thanks again, and no offence meant!

CypherOne wrote:
rsmus7 wrote:Hi CypherOne,

Any feedback is welcome.

Cypherone+Guitar
Hmm, I appreciate you taking the time to do this, but it didn't seem to work for me, sorry! If you want to have another crack pm me and I'll send you some samples from the track (if that helps).

Thanks again, and no offence meant!
I can understand you, cause my guitar changes the whole atmosphere of the track, and this is probably not what you intended.

Was just a try. I don´t feel offended, thanks for your answer.

I´ll pm you.

..so hold on this is your 4th track?!
I've done about 300 and they are all shitter than this.
I think this rocks - good driving music I'd say
and amazingly shiny and clean.
Its a sparse breakbeat thing that I have tried to do a few times and not managed it convincingly.

I wouldn't change the acid line, I wouldnt add guitars and as for that snare..? I dunno. I think it needs maybe a little bit more velocity variation and a tiny touch of reverb but other than that its sound as a pound. And maybe diffuse the ride a bit more with the same reverb?

How did you get it sounding so CLEAN?!

Blimey, there's an irony - I downloaded 'Logan's Beard' by you guys about 6 months ago, I really liked it as it reminded me of the Plump DJs and I was really impressed as I've never been able to get that kind of groove going.

Okay, the acid line has been 'subtly' tweaked and comes in a bit earlier, the snare (you're the only one to point out the velocity) - my host has started forgetting velocity settings when I re-open a track, so originally there was some variation in there, but I left it as is partly out of laziness and also 'cos I preferred it.

The guitars are only a bonus, more for a remix than anything, the main track will stay pretty much as is (apart from that f**king snare I suppose!) - just curious to see what people come up with.

As for being my 4th track, well it is the 4th track I've 'published' or put online for people to hear, there have been approx 6.75million others that got deleted, followed by me giving up for the day :wink:

Anyway, thanks for the positive feedback.

Oh and the clean sound? More luck than judgement, lots of listening back and tweaking and a healthy dose of Ozone to finish it off.

Cheers.

Link? or are you just saying what you've done so far?

oh yeah, sorry Krim, I just read that back and realise it's a bit ambiguous. It's what I've done so far. Hope to get it finished off this week, maybe back up for the weekend, have to see how it goes (with the missus due to pop soon etc.)

Return to “Music Cafe”