Help me with getting back to music making

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey gals and guys!

I've always felt that I'm a musician and I've been making music for more than 20 years. I've been even able to sell my music (for ads mostly), but never was able to get a living from music.

For the last couple of years my main job (tv/film editor), my family (a second kid - my lovely daughter) and building a new home for my family took music making completely out of the picture.

I'm building myself a home studio in my new home and I started to fear that I won't have anything to do there :). So - to flex my musical muscles - I started to make some noises with Korg Gadget on my phone. When I was on a bus, in the subway, when I was rendering stuff in work or sitting on a toilet ;) - I was trying different ideas.

What I'm asking you is to listen to :phones: five short tracks (or drafts rather) that are kind of proofs of concept. Listen to them and vote for the two tracks you liked the best. And I will then develop two of the most liked into full-blown tracks.

What's in that for you? You will help ( :help: ) a fellow musician to get back to music-making. Maybe you will get some cool tracks in return. Maybe you will just listen to 5 horrible tracks made on a phone :lol:.

I know that it may sound a little bit convoluted, but to be honest I like convoluted stuff :D. I thought of this as a fun way of motivating myself - so please don't treat this dead serious :). If you would like to help me - I'm very grateful :tu:.

Link to the poll: https://polldaddy.com/poll/9384739/
Link to my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/palupalu

Some technical info - I made the tracks completely in Korg Gadget, but I "mixed" them (very roughly and in a hurry) in Reaper afterwards.

szalonykp wrote: For the last couple of years my main job (tv/film editor), my family (a second kid - my lovely daughter) and building a new home for my family took music making completely out of the picture.

I'm building myself a home studio in my new home and I started to fear that I won't have anything to do there :). So - to flex my musical muscles - I started to make some noises with Korg Gadget on my phone. When I was on a bus, in the subway, when I was rendering stuff in work or sitting on a toilet ;) - I was trying different ideas.
I didn't even vote. No need.. the first few I heard were really cool sketches. You have nothing to worry about :tu:

WXLF wrote: I didn't even vote. No need.. the first few I heard were really cool sketches. You have nothing to worry about :tu:
:D Thanks!
Just for fun - was there a track that attracted your attention more than others?

Return to “Music Cafe”