Mother's birthday song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My mother very recently passed away, and I wrote this song for her 60th birthday two years ago.
I thought it necessary to share today.

Please, enjoy and don't forget we are more than we perceive.

https://soundcloud.com/cinningbao/happybirthdaymum

Fantastic song and message. Sorry for your mum. Cheers.

thanks man
I appreciate your kind words and musical message :)

Try to get strength from this situation.Cheers.

I think that applies in just about every situation!
thanks again

This is just lovely. Godspeed, and warm condolences, friend. :hug:
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

oh what a lovely tune..condolences for your mum.
As I'm 61, I'd say she left way too young.

Glorious pop! It works as a fitting tribute.

Thank you MickGael, bluedad and Frantz - I appreciate your thoughts and expressions.
Yeah, she parted with her body way too early - though it shows us the fragility of these bodies, in this space.
She liked a happy tune, I played it to her; we cried.

Beautiful and inspiring both as a musician and a person. And son. A music-loving friend of mine once told me that the nicest thing she could imagine was someone writing her a song.

It's funny how, as a musician, we become almost numb to the effects of our music on those around us.
I've written countless songs for girlfriends (and those who could never be (see AllMyWuv on my soundcloud)) and sung them in the real world to them, since I was 15. For me it's more like we know we're touching them in a way not many others can do, and there's a certain unspeakable strength to that, but also when those melodies and words are specifically for you, it's another level of appreciation.

Until someone writes and plays a song for me I won't actually know what it feels like!

thank you for your kind words skipscada.

Return to “Music Cafe”