Orbital Approach - Slightly Avant Garde Orchestral Thing

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

Here's an orchestral piece that I've been working on as part of a larger suite of space-themed music. Any comments or criticisms that you might have would be most welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/davidstiles/orbital-approach

fabulously EPIC, sir again with the majestic brass. Great sense of space. It came over huge and dynamic on my phones.
An all around enjoyable listening experience. thanks for sharing! :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Love the dramatic yet wonky start.
Beautifully constructed...
Fabulous sounds and music David.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks layzer and Allomerus! I'm glad you both enjoyed the track, and thanks for commenting!

I liked the dramatic intro, and the strings in the latter third of the piece had a beautiful sound. A great depiction of a journey into the unknown.

Good work :)

Really enjoying it, something cinematic and immersive about it

Nice one. I liked the composition and orchestration. Well done dynamic arrangement and mix. Sounds good

Most of it was quite imaginative and mysterious. The ending had more of your typical 'heartwarming' strings. I preferred the mysterious stuff but enjoyed it overall. First rate composition and mixing throughout.

Thanks, seismic1, Codestation, markkuja and Frantz! I'm glad you all enjoyed it, and thank you for commenting!

Ambitious and mysterious, very nice !
I like all the drama and the atmosphere and suspense.
Very well orchestrated. :clap:

Cheers

Thanks, Laguna Rising! I'm glad you liked it!

This is excellent! It's cinematic and very well assembled. It's also diverse, structurally, which I really like to see/hear in music. I really loved the intense and moody edge of the first two thirds and really liked the cacophonous intro [edit: on second listen, I think maybe cacophonous isn't the right word; maybe discordant?]. Nice cello articulations too.

:tu:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Thanks, Jace-BeOS! Glad you enjoyed it. I guess we could go with "cacophonous" for the first part, although discordant would work too. "Anxious" was probably the word that was most in my mind when I put it together. :)

Reminds me of Pluto, from The Planets Suite.
And who says kvr is all about edm? :tu:

Ayorinde wrote: And who says kvr is all about edm? :tu:
Definitely not me. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”