*Updated* (Intergalactic bootleg) (Video added)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

*Update*
I finished the track, and updated the upload. please take a listen and tell me what you think!

Jo guys,
I was working on some spacey trap/breakbeat project, and was looking for vocals so i dropped the vocals from the beasty boys - intergalactic on top of it and it was awesome (IMO). so i decided to make a remix of intergalactic sounding something like this:
https://soundcloud.com/maarten-pool/int ... ic-bootleg
i'm pretty pleased with it myself but i'm curious what you guys think of it.
every piece of feedback is welcome!

With original video:
https://youtu.be/aYCBWg_KbKw
Last edited by MaartenP on Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Nobody likes raped classics?!

Not bad, but the use of reverb made me think it was recorded in a warehouse. Could be more "in your face" than "somewhere in the back". It's also the choice of sounds a bit i guess. Sounds a bit industrial, i guess that was intended.

chk071 wrote:Not bad, but the use of reverb made me think it was recorded in a warehouse. Could be more "in your face" than "somewhere in the back". It's also the choice of sounds a bit i guess. Sounds a bit industrial, i guess that was intended.
do you mean the reverb on the sounds or also on the drums and vocal?!

I like it a lot! The orchestration is quite unique.

It would be perfect as the soundtrack for some intense scene in Mr. Robot.

Good tune.

Shit title, showing immaturity regarding sexual assaults (sometimes fatal, always traumatic).

Thnx!
and the title of the track is not the title of this thread.
it's just me showing my awareness of the fact that some classics shouldn't be touched. but i did it anyway:P

Doug1978 wrote: Shit title, showing immaturity regarding sexual assaults (sometimes fatal, always traumatic).
+1
The title means I wont listen to the tune. It shows a real lack of awareness.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Doug1978 wrote: Shit title, showing immaturity regarding sexual assaults (sometimes fatal, always traumatic).
+1
The title means I wont listen to the tune. It shows a real lack of awareness.
wauw. in the Netherlands it's a common expression. but it's clear that that's not the case elsewhere. i'll change the title cause i don't want to offend anyone, but i'm surprised that it did.

*bump*

*bump*

As put above, nice sounding drums (they're tight and they create a good atmosphere), but tbh there's not a great deal more to comment about because your elementally-sparse track is heavily dominated by an immensely famous Beastie Boys' rap.

As advice, I'd say take these excellent drums and build a track of your own around them.
You'll probably get more comments vs *bumps*, and at least it would show us more of what your own musical vision is, instead of becoming a backing track for an easily available vocal stem of a song most of us have heard plenty of times during the last 30 years.

Good move about changing the thread title.
It's just not worth using words like 'rape' (or other strong words such as 'holocaust' or 'incest' etc) to describe one's music inappropriately.
Unless your song is specifically about the act of rape (or willing to take the listener full-blooded into that area, eg Nirvana's Rape Me), then all it does is turn many people off listening (thus counter-productive), in its misjudged attempt to seek attention.

As you say above, maybe in Holland it is a common for you to claim that you've raped something or someone.
But how does sticking a drum track under a vocal stem correspond to a brutal sexual assault which leaves the victim, and their family, completely changed for the worse?
FWIW, people such as Premiership football manager Alan Pardew and award-winning actor Ray Winstone have both faced very public backlashes here in the UK after misusing the word in bizarre ways.
Ultimately, it's not a word to throw around lightly.

Doug1978 wrote:As put above, nice sounding drums (they're tight and they create a good atmosphere), but tbh there's not a great deal more to comment about because your elementally-sparse track is heavily dominated by an immensely famous Beastie Boys' rap.

As advice, I'd say take these excellent drums and build a track of your own around them.
You'll probably get more comments vs *bumps*, and at least it would show us more of what your own musical vision is, instead of becoming a backing track for an easily available vocal stem of a song most of us have heard plenty of times during the last 30 years.

Good move about changing the thread title.
It's just not worth using words like 'rape' (or other strong words such as 'holocaust' or 'incest' etc) to describe one's music inappropriately.
Unless your song is specifically about the act of rape (or willing to take the listener full-blooded into that area, eg Nirvana's Rape Me), then all it does is turn many people off listening (thus counter-productive), in its misjudged attempt to seek attention.

As you say above, maybe in Holland it is a common for you to claim that you've raped something or someone.
But how does sticking a drum track under a vocal stem correspond to a brutal sexual assault which leaves the victim, and their family, completely changed for the worse?
FWIW, people such as Premiership football manager Alan Pardew and award-winning actor Ray Winstone have both faced very public backlashes here in the UK after misusing the word in bizarre ways.
Ultimately, it's not a word to throw around lightly.
thnx for the tips and tops!
i'll definitely use the project in other projects cause i kinda like the elements in it.
but as told in the post itself, it started out from a track i was making wich needed vocals. and since it had the spacey vibe atm i instantly thought of the beasty boys(mainly the intergalactic part), drop the whole vocal on it, and it sounded "good". so that's where this originated from.

about the use of the word rape.
i'm fully aware of the act and consequences and such. but i'm really not talking about actually raping.
it's more like "f**k You", where you don't actually want to f**k someone.
but it's clear that that's just a dutch expression.
thnx though

This was the point i dropped the vocals on top.
https://soundcloud.com/maarten-pool/spa ... 12/s-FnY5x

^^ Sounds good, particularly the part around .045 - and certainly has potential to develop into something even better.
If nothing else, maybe chuck some snippets of your own vocals (maybe heavily FX-ed) into a couple of places.

Actually reminds me of some of the early Chemical Brothers' / Underworld work: certainly has an 1995 industrial rave feel about it (which is a good thing!).

Return to “Music Cafe”