New music from a depressed American

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So yeah, you know what the States have been up to. So after moping about it for a few days, I made a song. It's a little over the top, but these days, what isn't?

Would love to have feedback on production, mix, writing, or anything else. Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/erikgyle/morning

First, let me start with this.
This is the first post with comment.
In this post, I shall try to explain that I genuinely enjoyed listening to your track.

It has a good set of sounds, of which I really liked the horn section. The composition is also very good, with real moments of tension. Your singing isn't the most perfect on-tone singing, I hear a lot of (unmeant?) vibrato or tremolo in your voice. That gives this vocal part its own character and style, rather than performancewise quality to easily adapt, which can be adored as well. All in all, certainly worth a 8.5/10 or 9/10 score.

Luck wished!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not a singer - I just can't help writing music for real strong singers rather than myself. That's why most of my tracks are instrumental. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Nothing wrong with your singing. Sounds like a few out of key moments but nothing you couldn't fix. However, I was already half way before I could actually hear the words you were singing. Maybe the quieter vox needs to be a little louder. Again, a minor fix. Sounds like you're well up on your music theory. I like that style of music in part.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Music Cafe”