Some PsychedelicGothRockMetalIndustrial

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

or whatever :lol:

I am in the process of remastering some of my old bands pieces and found this; the recording quality isn't that great and there isn't much synth going on either save some Dreamstation, but hope you enjoy it a bit nonetheless.

Download it under: http://www.shoresrecords.de/de/2/04/dow ... enossuenos

Any comment or hints of debugging the mix a bit via mastering is much appreciated.

Kind Regards, Richard

Beautiful bass sound although I feel the vibrato/tremolo on it at times a tad too unnatural.

I rather enjoyed the arrangement I must add. Where the breakdown was cool although short of a great drumsolo somehow. The electric guitars are a tad too crispy especially after the break.

I have little technical knowledge on mastering, but I'm affraid that only having the 'finished' file is going to be hard to get a smoothed out mastermix (then again, I could as well be wrong there)

good luck salvaging that guitar, you're gonna need an industrial strength can opener :P

That's an excellent synth patch; what was it?

Great you liked it even if its a rather strange piece.

Well, a drum solo would be fine, but that can't probably be changed unless i found the old files somewhere anf the guitars are :help: , a fine brew of an cheap Marshall, rather cheap microphones and not much knowledge on recording them :lol: .

The synth sounds are self-made presets from the Dreamstation (i think its DXi only, shipped with Sonar); the Bass is a sample of the Ken Smith Bass from the Masterbits Climax Bass Collection; if you look for some really well recorded basses cheaply, i cna highly recommend this (i think CD only) collection; it sells for some Euros (10) on www.ebay.de.

Cheers, Richard

That's right up both my goth-arsed and synth-arsed streets, thought the streets do cross. Has put me in the mood for a sisters session 8)

Hey KvR can we get a goth emoticon?
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

:D Yeah, Sisters Session - i am in !!!
"My heartland, heartland, heartland" (imagine cheap drumboxes and nasty guitars) - ahh, these times.
I really still love this stuff - unfortunately, after the early 90ties (meaning Fields Elyzium ALbum), nothing new happened on this szene.

Rich

VanLichten wrote::D Yeah, Sisters Session - i am in !!!
"My heartland, heartland, heartland" (imagine cheap drumboxes and nasty guitars) - ahh, these times.
I really still love this stuff - unfortunately, after the early 90ties (meaning Fields Elyzium ALbum), nothing new happened on this szene.

Rich
ooh ooh! my heartland heartland, my heartland heartland! The sweetest of the sweet!
Totally a farmer. Out standing in his field that is.

Fields Elyzium ALbum? eh? Explain? Never heard of it! :oops:

:x What ?

BEST Goth album ever !
Very musical, progressive Goth with the deepest of Voices, quite electronical and totally unreal - for me its still the NO. 1 in my CD collection.

Even Allmusicguide liked it:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... 9ks37ba3bg

Cheers, Richard

I'll get it!

Here? How doe's one get that Andrew Eldritch sound. Without being AE himself. Is that his voice technique alone? What effects? I'm having a wee SOM sesh at the minute and it sounds like I'm sitting in his throat! Bloody fine but! And that bad but good guitar sound. You know the really metallic lo-fi sounding stuff. Would a bitcrusher type effect be what I'd use to get this? Could I record my speakers (and the reverb of the room) through my webcams mike to get a reduced quality effect?

VanLichten wrote::x What ?

BEST Goth album ever !
Very musical, progressive Goth with the deepest of Voices, quite electronical and totally unreal - for me its still the NO. 1 in my CD collection.

Even Allmusicguide liked it:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... 9ks37ba3bg

Cheers, Richard
Oh! Feet of the Elephant! Sorry! :oops: I have it. Ahem.

GOOD ! :lol:

I assume that Eldritch simply used heavy EQs; the Guitars could
be a Marshall but probably some english Models.
I really like these sounds, too; probably there is some fan site where the equipment is listed.

Rich

VanLichten wrote:http://www.shoresrecords.de/de/2/04/dow ... enossuenos

Any comment or hints of debugging the mix a bit via mastering is much appreciated.
can't give you much tips on how to debug the mix but we do like the song. it has a nice atmosphere & interesting dynamics. the song is pretty hypnotic which is a good thing! :) Anyway, we like it!

We hope that you will post it again if you ever manage to increase the soundquallity. Though admitedly I have heard far worse on actual albums, soundquallity-wise that is. :)

austere & lappenpop.
~leave through a door.~
http://www.eretsua.com

:) Great you liked it - lets see what mastering tools can do.
Your website looks really interesting - i loved the
pictures - somewhat shamanic; unfortunatly, i just have no download oopertunity to listen to your music, but i will do this in the future for sure.

Kind Regards, Richard

Return to “Music Cafe”