1968 Pt 5

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Googly Smythe wrote:Fifth instalment of the 1968 series of retro/60s tracks. Not slavishly copying the style etc, but more like the atmosphere...

1968 Part 5
ps
Download 24-bit WAV from Bandcamp:
https://thegogogoneband.bandcamp.com/track/1968-pt-5

pps
Clicked the damn "quote" button instead of the "edit" button. :dog:

Wild track! Hit me hard when it comes in.
Thanks for the .wav dload. I'll listen to it on my system.
Some parts mesh so much it's hard to tell what it all is...pretty cool.
That choked guitar was 'Shreddage' also? I like that. Would have liked to hear that guitar chain do the soloing...but samples have their limits. :(
FYI - whatever you upload to 'Soundcloud' is what can be downloaded if you set it downloadable.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

really like the sound of the drums here

annode wrote:Wild track! Hit me hard when it comes in.
Thanks for the .wav dload. I'll listen to it on my system.
Some parts mesh so much it's hard to tell what it all is...pretty cool.
That choked guitar was 'Shreddage' also? I like that. Would have liked to hear that guitar chain do the soloing...but samples have their limits. :(
FYI - whatever you upload to 'Soundcloud' is what can be downloaded if you set it downloadable.
Thanks annode, glad you liked it. Yes, all the "guitars" are Shreddage - 4 instances, 2 doubled up for the rhythm bits, 2 for the leads.

And yeah, I do know that about Soundcloud - put it down to my English eccentricity (aka madness)! :D

jancivil wrote:really like the sound of the drums here
Thanks for liking. GrooveAgent4 Studio kit shoved through Waves TG12345s. :tu:

As soon as it started I was into the vibe! Great changes and chaining of ideas.
The bass is cool at 1:30 and the ladies and the chugging guitar are fabulous!
Cool organ and tron...
Well done.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Is it coincidence that you have such a Hammond-heavy track accompanied by a picture containing the legend "Lord John"? I think not. I loved the heavy rhythm section and the organ solo was outta sight and groovy.

Good work :)

I like it a lot dude! that slow, heavy drumbeat. very cool harmony movements in there + elaborate guitar and organ solos. the song is very organic, it lives! :party:

Cool another one in the series! I like the vibe, rock and roll. Great guitars and good drums.
nice one all around :D

Allomerus wrote:As soon as it started I was into the vibe! Great changes and chaining of ideas.
The bass is cool at 1:30 and the ladies and the chugging guitar are fabulous!
Cool organ and tron...
Well done.
:)
Thanks, Allomerus!
That bit at 1:30 - these guys do it better...
https://youtu.be/fZBOCbX2v8o?t=391

:tu:

seismic1 wrote:Is it coincidence that you have such a Hammond-heavy track accompanied by a picture containing the legend "Lord John"? I think not. I loved the heavy rhythm section and the organ solo was outta sight and groovy.

Good work :)
Sorry, the Lord John thing is a happy coincidence! Really, I didn't connect the dots! :dog: When I was a nipper, those Lord John shops seemed to be everywhere.
With the organ I was actually thinking more Brian Auger than Jon Lord.
Thanks for liking. :tu: :tu:

TrekStar wrote:I like it a lot dude! that slow, heavy drumbeat. very cool harmony movements in there + elaborate guitar and organ solos. the song is very organic, it lives! :party:
Yes, the 60s live on! :party:

Thanks for listening. :tu: :tu:

Jesse Gorter wrote:Cool another one in the series! I like the vibe, rock and roll. Great guitars and good drums.
nice one all around :D
Thanks, Jesse!
Part 7 is in the works. :tu:
Don't ask about Part 6... :scared:

what's up with the missing version ? :P

Return to “Music Cafe”