Koorby - Raise it up

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My latest song, 100% made in Tracktion, about 5 hours work in total:

Raise it up <-- Right-click and "Save as"

Synths used:
Drums: NS_Kit_7 (140MB Soundfont) <-- I love this kit!
Piano: Splendid Grand (256MB Soundfont)
FX: Kjaerhus Audio Classics: Reverb, Compression, Master Limiter, Chorus
FM7 (4 instances)
Vanguard
Atmosphere
sfz (4 instances)

Enjoy! Comments welcome.

this is very jolly, in my opinion it sounds a lot like 80's soundtrack music.

i particularly like the delayed bass and the bit at approx 1.40 when eveything drops out apart from the bass and the piano although i would possibly have a little more reverb on the piano.

the ns7 kit is top, i can load it up and just sit drumming away on the keyboard for ages.

steve.

blaster78 wrote:sounds a lot like 80's soundtrack music.
Hehe! Too funny. Thanks for the feedback. The song just evolved into what it is, but yeah it does sound a little 80's :)

.. btw the piano is 100% dry intentionally - I only added EQ to brighten it up a lot. I might throw some 'verb on it though in that section, thanks for the tip.

A rather pleasant tune with a melancholic feel. A track that could easily have become the lead-in to a long lasting television series.

An 80's TV series maybe? ;)

I played this to my brother on the weekend and he yelled out "David Foster!" <grins> I have to admit it does sound a bit Foster-ish. Then again, I did love his Symphony Sessions stuff. Ack! I've given my age away now :(

My point is that sometimes the music we make has subconscious influences we don't think about at the time of writing a tune I guess.

Return to “Music Cafe”