'Josephine' with mckenik's vocals AND Gordon's guitar

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote:nice track tristeza
bit musical for the bad dream team tho :-o
Hihi, thanks John, I have evil things in store for the Bad Dream Team. :evil: :evil: 8) :D Have you listened to Dusk Falls On The Wasteland?? And you thought that was weird and atonal? :D :D :lol:

mckenic wrote:Hi Antoine,

Thanks for the chance!

I'm off to the pub for a bit to try meet a nice lady - I'll drop you a line in a couple of hours when I have something uploaded for you.

Thanks again for the shot!

Dave
Good luck with the lady Dave! I went to the pub too, but no luck for me... :D :D [again]

BTW I should be thanking you... :)

@ Pao and Gary : :lol: :lol: :lol:

TristezaOrange wrote:
pao wrote:
mckenic wrote:Hi Tristeza,

Cant seem to get the link to work....

Cheers,
Dave
i'm fixing the link for him now...give me a minute.

*EDIT* Here we are. And Antoine...just leave out the "public_html" thing next time. :wink:

josephin

:D :D :D

Thanks Pao - the public_html incident shall not be repeated. :D :D
Neither should the ".com" LMAO!!

err...sorry. Drinking? Moi? pfft!!

TristezaOrange wrote:I went to the pub too, but no f**k for me... :D :D
:-o

i've heard the musical version and that's fresh and nice, sweat and quiet.

i like it.

i may try to sing something, but i don't promise anything (wish there were 48 hours in a day)

Wopelka wrote:
TristezaOrange wrote:I went to the pub too, but no f**k for me... :D :D
:-o
:lol: :lol:

Thanks Wopie. It'd be great to hear you sing on this, please do if you have time... :D

Hi Antoine

Went to the Pub and came home alone... AGAIN :(

I did manage to get this done tho. I really hope its OK?

I added a couple of lines - hope this is OK?

'For every cross that you have to bear,
Even though you don't know there is always someone who cares.

For every mountain that you have to climb,
For every journey I'd go with you every time.'

I have no idea how to process vocals, its the first time I've done anything like this so if you like I can send you the dry voice and you can do what you like to it?

I really hope its OK - eeek!

Thanks for letting me have a go Antoine! :oops:

Take Care,
Dave

Hey Dave,

Sorry to hear that you had no luck - at least when that happens we musicians can pretend that it doesn't matter since it gives us inspiration - well, at least that makes me feel better. :D :lol:

Downloading the track right now, can't wait :!: :D No problem for adding lines and stuff - I really need someone to contribute in that field - actually I am glad you did since I like them and they are very much in the spirit of the song. :D :D

And really, it's me that should be thanking you. :D

Oh god, it's 91percent downloaded... :) :)

OMG OMG OMG :o :o :o

This is totally like telepathy, it's exactly how I'd want it to sound like if I could sing like you :D :D Have you ever listened to The Aluminum Group, Dave? That's what I had in mind, and you totally nailed it. You sound great. :D

The vocal probably needs some reverb or delay or EQ or something, but I'm not sure, I'm not used to recording/processing vocals myself. It may just be my frantic piano 'playing' that drowns your vocals a bit. What does everyone else think?? I'd like someone 'impartial' to mix for us if possible, how about giving the instrumental track and the vocal track to a KvRian with better vocal mixing skills than us and see what he does?? Anyone interested? The performance is fantastic, I just don't think that I'm going to be able to mix this correctly [no experience with vocals as stated before].

Dave, THANK YOU, you made my day... :D :D

[btw Gordon, how about some jazzy guitar playing in what it going to be the fade-out of the track? [after 1:45] - i think it's going to enhance the experience even more... :D ]

Hi Antoine,

I'm DELIGHTED you like it - :shock: :) :) :shock:

I've never done a vocal before and this is one take through headphones so I really was not sure. Im really delighted it fits in with your wishes for the track!!!

I've uploaded the dry vocal so the rest is up to you my friend :)

I'm really happy you like this. :)

Thank you again for the chance.

Dave

mckenic wrote:Hi Antoine,

I'm DELIGHTED you like it - :shock: :) :) :shock:

I've never done a vocal before and this is one take through headphones so I really was not sure. Im really delighted it fits in with your wishes for the track!!!

I've uploaded the dry vocal so the rest is up to you my friend :)

I'm really happy you like this. :)

Thank you again for the chance.

Dave
I don't just like it Dave, I'm in love with it. :D :D I have had it on repeat for about an hour, I love your voice, the new lyrics, everything. :D :D

Let's see what if an experienced KvRian can help me with the mix - I'm asking for your help, people :D :D You now have the backing track and the dry vocal [thanks to Dave] available 8) 8) Go on, MIX THE BASTARD :D :D

Dave, thanks again, this REALLY made my day/month. :D :D

[edit] YOU HAVE NEVER DONE A VOCAL BEFORE??? You sound fantastic and I'm sure everyone will agree with me... 8) :) [/edit]

TristezaOrange wrote:Let's see what if an experienced KvRian can help me with the mix
i had a quick go with the mix... :D

the vocal sits better in the mix i think, but the whole track would need to be mastered further.

anyway here it is

cheers :)

Thanks Wopelka!! I'm downloading right now. I know you've done stuff with vocals on, so it must be better than anything I could ever do. :D :D

Wopelka wrote:
TristezaOrange wrote:Let's see what if an experienced KvRian can help me with the mix
i had a quick go with the mix... :D

the vocal sits better in the mix i think, but the whole track would need to be mastered further.

anyway here it is

cheers :)
Very cool - what did you do Wopie? :) :) It's clearly louder [the vocal I mean] but did you use EQ, anything like that?? Sounds less cluttered now. :D :D

Thanks man.

[edit] Wopie, would it be too much trouble if I asked you to lower the volume *just a bit* and apply a gentle reverb on the vocal?? Nothing more, I think it'll be perfect that way... :D :D [/edit]
Last edited by TristezaOrange on Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”