Andow - Movin' (new funk song)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everybody!

Here is a new track I just finished:
https://soundcloud.com/andow7000/andow-movin

Let me know what you think! :)

Nice, dig the 80's / Parliament synths. As constructive criticism, the drums could use some variation or fills.

Yes, I agree - some great retro sounds in there all mixed together well to create a good groove.

Definitely needs variation - the drums as mentioned above + some more short, sharp, hooky melodic elements + a central contrasting section maybe? Vocals?

Funky groove. The sounds are very good. The mix is crystal clear but I think it's too loud due to excessive brickwall limiting.

I am also looking for something else to happen -- either a top line melody or vocal.

Hey guys, thank you very much for your feedback! (and sorry for the late reply, been on vacation with the family...)

Well, I must confess it's not the most diverse song I did. :wink: Maybe I'll try to do a reedit with vocals.
As for brickwall limiting, I don't think I really overdid it. I usually aim for -9 or -10dB RMS.

I didn't find it too loud or lacking in dynamic range...not for this style of music.

Brickwall limiting:
-9 or -10dB RMS is absolutely fine in most situations.

Might be also worth a quick check on the gain reduction achieved as well...on most material around about 3dB is usually about right.

Return to “Music Cafe”